dc socket wiring

Started by dannyg, July 25, 2007, 05:38:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dannyg

Today I bought a few supplies to finish off my first pedal, one being a metal DC socket instead of the platstic ones. There is a difference also in the wiring end, unlike the plastic one, the metal one has 3 lugs. The pedal is positive ground and I'm wondering if anybody could draw me a diagram showing how I should wire it. Thanks.

CGDARK

The plastic one has three lugs too. One is for tip, sleeve and switch.

Check for diagrams at: http://www.generalguitargadgets.com/

CG

dannyg

I was aware that it was the same in it's on right.

Only problem, GGG is down at the moment.

CGDARK

I have just sent you the diagram via email.

CG

dannyg

Would you be able to describe which is which for a metal version with a different style of lug?

CGDARK

CGDARK

Is very difficult to trace the lugs with that photo, but the lug for the tip is easy is the one at the center. I think the one just in front of the tip is the sleeve and the other one is the switch lug. I almost sure that I'm correct. :icon_question:

CG

dannyg

The tip is the one at the top, and then there is one in the middle, and one at the bottom. If that helps.

CGDARK

Sorry, but I didn't explained myself very well (my first language is not english). I said that the tip was the one at the center, what I mean was the one connected to the center pin (the one on top). You are right. The middle one is the sleeve and the other is the switch. Check and let me know.

CG

dannyg

I think you are right there. Could you tell me how to wire it?

dannyg

CGDARK

Quote from: dannyg on July 26, 2007, 02:03:16 PM
I think you are right there. Could you tell me how to wire it?

1=tip
2=sleeve
3=sleeve shunt (switch)

As seen from the bottom:
                                     3------> Connect to to the V+ wire of the battery
                                2----------> Connect to the +V on the board
                                     1------> Connect to ground on the board

And you are done. This all based of what we determined yesterday about your particular DC jack.

CG 8)

dannyg

Is V+ negative from the battery?

CGDARK

No, is the red wire from the battery snap.

CG