Started by s.r.v., July 27, 2007, 10:41:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

s.r.v.

Hi DIY community,
i recently put together a simple little A/B box from tonepad
http://tonepad.com/project.asp?id=56
doesn't get much simpler than that right?  :D
anyway, it can A/B perfectly, but there are no LED's!  :'(
so my question is how do i figure out why!!!! i can post pictures if anyone is willing to take the time to look. Also I substituted the 2.2k resistor for a 2.7k resistor because it was all i had at the moment. it shouldn't matter, should it? Thanks again!

CGDARK

Post the pictures and then I will try to help you.

CG

s.r.v.

well i cant post pictures now, but could this be the problem:
i poked around with that thing that shows voltages (cant remeber the name) and found that on the negative side of the power jack to what i thought was the negative side of the LED had a current while what i thought was the positive side had no power. does that mean i screwed up the LED direction?

CGDARK

Quote from: s.r.v. on July 27, 2007, 11:10:15 PM
well i cant post pictures now, but could this be the problem:
i poked around with that thing that shows voltages (cant remember the name) and found that on the negative side of the power jack to what i thought was the negative side of the LED had a current while what i thought was the positive side had no power. does that mean i screwed up the LED direction?

That's a Multimeter (or voltmeter if only measures voltages). I really don't understand what you are trying to say about the LED direction, but I don't think that the LEDs are damaged. What really can damage the LED is the absence of a current limiting resistor (or a too small value). You can PM me when you post the pictures. I need them to see what is going wrong with your LEDs.

CG