The I-See Wah

Started by smallbearelec, July 31, 2007, 11:45:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smallbearelec

http://www.smallbearelec.com/Projects/ISeeWah/ISeeWah.html

To anticipate a couple of questions that I am sure will be asked by people who read and/or build:

--I did try a couple of different op-amps, and I did not succeed in eliminating the "whooshing" at the top end. I also tried using a transistor emitter follower in place of IC1-b, and that did not do it either.

I'm glad that I built this and like the result enough to want to gig with it. The noise problem may be solveable by someone who knows more than I, or it may be Mother Nature telling me that perfection does not lie down this road.

HAPPY CONSTRUCTION!
SD

tcobretti

Wow, that looks really cool.  Nice article, Steve!

soggybag

Hey that's a great article.

It looks like you marked S2 as the rotary switch in the schem but list it as S1 in the parts list.

Speaking of that rotary switch, what type of switch did you use? It's hard to see it in the picture but it looks much smaller that the typical rotary switches?

smallbearelec

Thanks!
Quote from: soggybag on August 01, 2007, 12:44:06 AM
It looks like you marked S2 as the rotary switch in the schem but list it as S1 in the parts list.

And thank you for picking that up. I have fixed it, and will correct any other errors our legion of editors finds them.

Quote from: soggybag on August 01, 2007, 12:44:06 AM
Speaking of that rotary switch, what type of switch did you use?

It's an Alpha mini-rotary, my SKU 0225A. Relatively recent addition to their product line; has been very helpful places where the cheaper open-frame type is hard to fit.

darron

hey. i haven't read the article because i'm fond of my wah for now, but i noticed that you used a 3pdt where a dpdt could have been used. is it because you find that the 3pdt is fast or more reliable or because you actually plan to add an led down the track? the dpdt's that i have easy access to here seem to have a slower action than those 3pdt's. i'm planning a (possibly unique) project soon where audio will be switched but a third pole is not needed but i plan to use a 3pdt anyway.

thanks for your thoughts (:

darron
Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!

Paul Marossy

Cool. Got sound clips of it?  :icon_wink:

I use a 3PDT where a DPDT could be used a lot. It's actually a lot cheaper doing that then buying one of those Carling switches that cost $12.  :icon_rolleyes:

John Lyons

Looks and sounds good Steve. Nice work!

John

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/