Bay Area DIY Electronics Swap Meet 08/19/07

Started by soggybag, August 05, 2007, 07:52:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

soggybag

Anyone interested in checking out the:

Musicians and DIY Electronics Swap Meet
Sunday August 19, 2007
10:00 am - 1:00 pm
(The next reminder for this event will be sent in 7 days, 3 minutes.)
Street: 924 Gilman Street
City State Zip: Berkeley, CA

Let me know if anyone is interested in meeting up the swap meet.

dickwiewy

Yeah that'ld be great! I can't understand why I'm the only one responding to your query. Hey I haven't been to 924 Gillman since I was a punk kid. Lemme know if you're gonna do it ok? Thanx, Noel Grassy
Manic dangers lie hidden in hobbies thatsimulate mental detachment, causing bookworm dementia when out-of-body psyche, when in a state of libidoless ectasy, trips the trigger that springs a parallel dimension nerd snare-Robt. Williams

Paul Perry (Frostwave)

I've just posted the time & place to the synth-diy mail list, so here's hoping.
Can people just rock up with stuff or do you need to book?(Afraid I'll be a no-show, it's a lokng way from Melbourne Australia)

soggybag

This is put on by the Bay Area DIY Electronic group: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BADIYEG/cal

They did one last year it was kinda fun. I was a little disappointed as most people were looking for cash rather than trade. But it was pretty fun none the less. There was a group, of what looked like burning man folks, that had piles of old military gear and boxes of old surplus tubes and things.

I think you can just show up and request a table/space. You might check with Gilman or the BADIYEG group on Yahoo.

I'll be there. I live in the city so I will probably take my bike on BART.

object88

Ah damnit!  The Gilman is practically in my backyard, but I'm going to be a few hundred miles away that day.

tiges_ tendres

I hope I can go.  I'm in Redwood City, which isn't far enough away for any lame excuses!
Try a little tenderness.

soggybag

Right on, hope to see some people from the list there.

ErikMiller

Glad to see that you'll be there again, Soggy. Thanks for posting the information here.

For more information about getting a table, etc., go to http://www.euthymia.org/Swap/

Spaces are first-come, first-served, and the door opens for sellers at 10:00 AM. I'm going to try to be more vigilant about enforcing the door times this time; last time it was just kind of all over the place and there were plenty of buyer-only's there before 11.

From 10 to 11, you have to have a sellers' tag or be with someone who does. After that, the more the merrier!

From the responses I've been getting, I anticipate a larger event than the January one.

soggybag

I'm hoping to be there again this year. It was fun last year.

I'm debating about getting a table. Does anyone else want to split a table? I don't have that much stuff to swap/sell.

soggybag

Anyone on the list want to meet up at the swap?

I'll be there wearing my Electric Wizard T. It's black with a gold psychdelic image, which inlcudes the words Electric Wizard but they are totaly unreadable.

jonathan perez

dammit!

if, by chance, i play my cards right, i might be able to go...i cant remember if i had plans for sunday.
no longer the battle of midway...(i left that band)...

i hate signatures with gear lists/crap for sale....

i am a wah pervert...ask away...

aron

mdh

I might come by.  I'd be driving from Davis, though, so I need to see if I can set aside a few hours.  I don't have anything to trade, but I may be buying.  Is there generally a pretty broad selection of stuff?

soggybag

Last year people were selling lots of different things. Overall the whole event was not that large. Gilman street is not a big venue. There were guitars and used effects. A guy had a bunch of synthesizer stuff. There was a giant table of military surplus, old tubes and radios and things.

tiges_ tendres

My wife says I can go!  See you guys there

I will be bringing the following stuff:

Univox ec-80 echo chamber
Tons of guitar pedals
a big pedal case (huge!!!)
60's Gibson melody maker (somebody hacked it up)
Bass body configured in poth P and J styles

I hope people want to trade with me.  I almost thing I should get a table but my wife doesn't want to stick around that long.

Oh, and I'll be wearing and echoplex t-shirt.

Try a little tenderness.

Cardboard Tube Samurai

I wish we had this sort of thing here in Australia

tiges_ tendres

I had an awesome time today!  Great to meet you Mitchell.  I will let you know how my build turns out!

I wish I had got there early and got a table.  I brought more stuff to trade than some guys who had tables brought!
Try a little tenderness.

Paul Perry (Frostwave)

Quote from: Cardboard Tube Samurai on August 19, 2007, 02:06:17 AM
I wish we had this sort of thing here in Australia
Well, if you decide to hold one in Melbourne, I promise to come.
Even if it is south of the Yarra!