Lovetone Flange With No Name - Clone Thread

Started by Shed_FX, August 18, 2007, 06:57:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shed_FX

This should be brought to peoples attention so that we can get the comunitity workin on it. I am currently sorting out a layout for a prototype board but Im not very good at tracing schem's!

http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=60288.0

This certainly is one hell of a gift thank you again Buck007

StephenGiles

"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".

Rectangular

yes ! finally its own thread  ;D

lets get this bad boy on the table, I think markus is onboard too, right ? his work on the String Ringer was exceptional

oldschoolanalog

Quote from: StephenGiles on August 18, 2007, 04:27:06 PM
Is this any more special than the ADA?
+1. Inquiring minds need to know.
What BBD/clock does this use? MN3??? :icon_question: is a bit ambiguous:D
What's the supply V?
So many questions...
Thanx!
osa
Mystery lounge. No tables, chairs or waiters here. In fact, we're all quite alone.

Shed_FX

Here are my traces of the board done in the old school method.
First the small board

The main board

The main board needs some further work but may be useful for tracing the schem. There is a better trace of it done by a fellow forumite but this is useful for comparison.

Mark Hammer

Hard to imagine that anything could top the sweep of the A/DA, but this has more controls, plus a loop. http://filters.muziq.be/files/pics/lovetone_stereoflanger_001.jpg

As "deep" as a Flanger Hoax?  I doubt it.  But certainly deeper than an A/DA, and MUCH deeper than any 3-knobber.

Dave_B

Here's a page with an audio sample, for those who haven't already found it.
Help build our Wiki!

oldschoolanalog

Quote from: oldschoolanalog on August 18, 2007, 09:55:08 PM
What BBD/clock does this use? MN3??? :icon_question: is a bit ambiguous:D
What's the supply V?
Well? Anybody?
:icon_question:
Mystery lounge. No tables, chairs or waiters here. In fact, we're all quite alone.

StephenGiles

Bugger, I´m in San Juan near Alicante in Spain so I can´t listen to this.
"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".

Mark Hammer

No problem, I'll hum it to you:  Bweeee-dooo-bweeee-doooo, drdlll-drdlllll-drdllll, doyoyooing doyoyoing, neeeeooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwooooooooohhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwww, frzzt-frzzzt-frzzt, ptang-ptang.  See, pretty cool pedal, huh? :icon_biggrin:

c101aviojet

goosonique

Quote from: Mark Hammer on September 07, 2007, 03:22:31 PM
No problem, I'll hum it to you:  Bweeee-dooo-bweeee-doooo, drdlll-drdlllll-drdllll, doyoyooing doyoyoing, neeeeooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwooooooooohhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwww, frzzt-frzzzt-frzzt, ptang-ptang.  See, pretty cool pedal, huh? :icon_biggrin:

Back on ol habits i see .... with the LED ZEP reunion and all  :icon_lol:
<((one man with courage makes a majority))>

Shed_FX

There has been no progress made on this project. I have been distracted on other projects and I'm not really "in to" flangers so I haven't put it high on my to do list.
This following layout was done by a fellow forumite Shawn whould was working on a similar trace of the Doppelganger for me. But I have been out of the loop for so long that I haven't contacted him about it.
I think all of the information was pretty much there in the original post only the final MN chip numbers need to be worked out. That is really not my area so I have no clue. Is there any chance someone could have a go at tracing the Schem? I have no experience of doing this and the only time that I attempted it I got hopelessly lost!

Hope someone has a go at this but I really don't have any time to do it right now.

Thanks to Shawn for the layout I hope to get to building one of these in the future.

playon

Quote from: Mark Hammer on September 06, 2007, 01:52:32 PM
Hard to imagine that anything could top the sweep of the A/DA, but this has more controls, plus a loop. http://filters.muziq.be/files/pics/lovetone_stereoflanger_001.jpg

As "deep" as a Flanger Hoax?  I doubt it.  But certainly deeper than an A/DA, and MUCH deeper than any 3-knobber.

This pedal sounds so much better than the Flanger Hoax it's not funny. I haven't tried the ADA but from what I understand the Lovetone goes a bit beyond what it can do.  The ? flanger is probably the most musical pedal I have ever owned... I see over 750 reads of this page, a lot of people are interested.  I have an original which is broken & am desperate to find a back-up, and to get mine repaired -- I hope someone can build one for me & I'm willing to pay for it.  If I can help in any way let me know, email akaatz AT gmail.com & put Lovetone Flanger in the subject line.

electricstorm

Hello everyone. I've been lurking looking at all the neat pedals on the forum. I found this thread and was wondering if there is still any interest??

I posted some findings and a schematic at mad bean pedals forum. Here's the link (hope it's allowed here): http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=5387.msg55601#msg55601

I'd be interested in getting the LoveTone Flanger traced out but I don't have one to go by. I need some really good pictures of it or someone who would be willing to send me a broken one to trace out. The trace of the main board and the daughter board by shed_FX look to be very accurate. I have drawn a schematic of the daughter board based on the traced daughter board and photos I found eleswhere on this forum. From scanning through the datasheets for the MNxxx series BBD devices, I believe there is an MN3102 and an MN3207 on the daughter board (this took a while and an MN3007 could also be a possibility) mainly because the datasheets show an almost exact circuit. Anyway, Anyone willing to attempt this? Here are some pictures.

My schematic of the daughter board (NOT VERIFIED).

My numbering of the daughter board based on the schematic I drew (not labeled like any previous posts elsewhere).

This is a draft and anyone looking at the schematic should read the notes that are listed on it. You could also breadboard it and see what it does, maybe give some feedback. I believe LaceSensor has (or had) a LoveTone Flange and may be able to verify some of my findings. Playon also has (or had) a broken one he wanted to get fixed. If he is interested, maybe we can work something out. Anyway, let me know. Don't want to waste anyone's time.

Thanks for all the great info on here, fantastic work!!

Enjoy!

electricstorm

Since there appears to be no interest here, I will continue my efforts on the following forums just in case someone here is interested later.

http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=5387.msg61770#msg61770

http://freestomp boxes.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=362&p=210463#p210463  (remove the space in this link)

Also, here is a link to a folder I am maintaining:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3v4twi2sbs0l5p7/1Ep9NbRE2T

As an update, R10 is incorrect on the schem I posted. R10 is 330R. Also, the brown, red and blue wires have been confirmed that they
connect where I thought they did. So the wiring is correct for the daughter board. The red wire may also be an orange wire on some
units.

I would like to thank Lacesensor and playon for contributing to this effort.

Jim

StephenGiles

armdnrdy

I just designed a new fuzz circuit! It almost sounds a little different than the last fifty fuzz circuits I designed! ;)

LaceSensor

no offence to the originator but that was a poor demo of what this pedal can do.

armdnrdy

I figured as much. I was sort of waiting for him to play something musical......He never did! :icon_sad:

Instead, the demo ended up sounding like Jimmy Page's bad avant garde soundtrack to the occult film Lucifer Rising.  :icon_twisted:
I just designed a new fuzz circuit! It almost sounds a little different than the last fifty fuzz circuits I designed! ;)