[NEW VERO] HAO Rust Driver on Vero - NOW WITH SOUND SAMPLE!

Started by ulysses, August 22, 2007, 11:41:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ulysses

hey guys

i made the hao rust driver on vero a couple of days ago..

its now in my layouts gallery.

cheers
ulysses

EDIT: i just uploaded an mp3 sample which is an accurate depiction of the pedal. amp set clean, pedal volume at 60% (about unity) so as not to drive the amp.

newbie builder

Looks great, thanks! My one suggestion is that since you mention you don't like it to have "100% drive all the time" just replace the 470K resistor with a B500K pot and you'll have a gain control...at least that's what it looked like to me at a glance.
//

ulysses

there is a two knob version of the rust driver but it is prob a completly different circuit - i didnt want people getting confused as to the version so i kept it original.

i thought of adding the possible mod to my layout, but i didnt know what the taper was on the 470k.. could be a really bad swing.. so i left it off.

if you mod it, let me know how the taper turns out :)

cheers
ulysses

ulysses

hey mark,

i used a .01 uf cap in the feedback loop becasue .0012uf was causing so much gain and squeel it was ridiculous.. i noticed you did the same with your pcb layout - is matsumins schem incorrect? all other shems of the rust driver seem to be consistent with .0012uf in the feedback loop..

cheers
ulysses