Started by slacker, August 27, 2007, 04:33:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slacker

pravudh

Great sound, great project, I like it more than my robot 2.5  :icon_razz:

Thank you

returntable

It's me again ::)
This time I have a question about a possible mod.
I was just wondering, while I was building a parallel Universe with an additional LFO, if it would be possible to ad a waveshaper to the echoBase? It would be very cool if you could switch or blend between two waveforms like in this LFO Circuit.

I will try to figure it out myself as soon as I'll find the time, but until maybe someone here has an Idea... ;)
"the earth is not a flat screen"
-Saul Williams-

slacker

Yeah you could do that, the example you gave is basically the same sort of LFO I used. So if you comapare that schematic with the echobase schematic it should be fairly easy to figure out where to put the pot.

So long as the output voltages are in the right range to control the PNP transistor, you can basically hook any sort of LFO you want up to it.
A square wave LFO gives a sort of octave jumping effect, as the delay switches between a short delay and a long one.
If you want something really interesting try a random LFO or a sample and hold  :)

returntable

Oh great :)
I will figure it out and post the results here as soon as I find the time.
Thanks a lot :)
-Saul Williams-

newperson

is there a working layout for this?  i saw one person did one some time ago. 

Chawk

http://blogs.yahoo.co.jp/anonymousfacelesscoward/19192939.html

Has anyone verified and successfully built the Echo Base from this layout? I was going to attempt it this week?  Thanks!

"Why don't those stupid idiots let me in their crappy club for jerks!"--Homer Simpson

DimebuGG

Quote from: Chawk on February 18, 2008, 07:41:27 PM
http://blogs.yahoo.co.jp/anonymousfacelesscoward/19192939.html

Has anyone verified and successfully built the Echo Base from this layout? I was going to attempt it this week?  Thanks!

Oh yes! That layout is correct and verified by me. It's not scaled but I made a scaled one in pdf format.

Chawk

[/quote]

Oh yes! That layout is correct and verified by me. It's not scaled but I made a scaled one in pdf format.
[/quote]

Thanks for the reply, DimebuGG! Would it be possible for you to email the scaled pdf that you made to me?

"Why don't those stupid idiots let me in their crappy club for jerks!"--Homer Simpson

DimebuGG

Quote from: Chawk on February 18, 2008, 10:19:57 PM

Thanks for the reply, DimebuGG! Would it be possible for you to email the scaled pdf that you made to me?

No problem just PM me your email.

returntable

Quote from: slacker on February 17, 2008, 07:46:37 PM
Yeah you could do that, the example you gave is basically the same sort of LFO I used. So if you comapare that schematic with the echobase schematic it should be fairly easy to figure out where to put the pot.

So long as the output voltages are in the right range to control the PNP transistor, you can basically hook any sort of LFO you want up to it.
A square wave LFO gives a sort of octave jumping effect, as the delay switches between a short delay and a long one.
If you want something really interesting try a random LFO or a sample and hold  :)

Okay, I figured out where to put the pot... now the next question, which value should the pot have? Is 1K(like in the schem i found) okay?
-Saul Williams-

returntable

Well, I found spare 25K lin Pot and tried it... it works perfectly fine :)
The Squarewave gives this delay an even more interesting sound range...
I love it! And I'm gonna try the Sample&Hold Option you were talking about... I also wanted to add a second delay time pot and a DPDT, to easily switch between two preset delay times
So, now I need a new enclosure for this sweetie. ::) And while I'm experimenting with it anyway... is it possible to make the LFO switchable too? I mean turn it on and off?
In my imagination it would be easy to put a switch between R34 and Q3... but maybe my imagination simplifies things too much ;)
-Saul Williams-

returntable

I've drawn the Waveshape Pot into a part of the schematic, so that everyone can try it...:)

-Saul Williams-

Paul Marossy

I jsut now looked at this post... nice work. There's some cool effects in this circuit.  :icon_cool:

paperhouse

just an idea - how difficult would it be to make the modulation random? could lead to some interesting sounds. maybe some sort of noise source and a S&H.

bent

just a silly question !  ;D
for the tails/boss system to work...if i'm right....it cannot be true by-pass, cause with the footswitch we cut the in and out of the effect...i dont see how it could work....so how do you wire the in/out with the switch to make the tails effect to work proprely  ??? :-\ ??? :-\

sorry for the stupid question  :icon_redface: but it's really not clear to me....

bent
Long live the music.....

slacker

You're right it's not true bypass. How it works is explained in the first post in this thread :)

Basically the input and output wire go straight from the board to the in and out jacks. The circuit is always in the signal path and the stompswitch then contols the CD4066 switches to turn the effected signal on or off.

bent

DOH !   :icon_eek:
:icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

just found it on the schematic....... have about 20 build in my back and i didn't see that one...  :icon_redface: :icon_redface: :icon_redface:

did i mention it was a stupid question...hope my brain wake's up ....  :icon_rolleyes: :icon_rolleyes:

Well.... let's build it now....

thank's slacker

bent
Long live the music.....

Chawk

Just finished building this last night:

http://chawk.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/cimg2189.jpg
http://chawk.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/cimg2190.jpg

This circuit sounds amazing! Slacker, thank you for putting this together!

It's not true bypass but I've never heard a cleaner delay than this. Better than the Memory Man in my opinion. To call this a delay isn't doing it justice it easily turns into chorus/vibrato/reverb/modulator.

Can't wait to try out the wavechange mod.

newperson

Chawk,
Can you email me the scaled layout that you used?