Echo Base - a new PT2399 delay

Started by slacker, August 27, 2007, 04:33:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slacker

I think it will work and it doesn't matter which way round you put it. I think it's probably better to replace it with a non polarised cap though if you can.

Valoosj

Sweet, changing the 2 47Ks to 20K worked. When I hit a chord in bypass, and immediatly mute it you still hear a faint repeat. This is probably normal as the pedal isn't true bypass. Other than that, this is a really cool delay. Definetly a keeper. Thank you slacker!

as for the extra delay time, if anybody asks for it I can post the adapted layouts and stuff. The repeat gets some OD, but that doens't bother me at all.
Quote from: frequencycentral
You squeezed it into a 1590A - you insane fool!  :icon_mrgreen:
Quote from: Scruffie
Well this... this is just silly... this can't fit in a 1590B... can it? And you're not even using SMD you mad man!

evilpaul

Quote from: Valoosj on July 28, 2008, 05:07:11 PM
Sweet, changing the 2 47Ks to 20K worked. When I hit a chord in bypass, and immediatly mute it you still hear a faint repeat. This is probably normal as the pedal isn't true bypass. Other than that, this is a really cool delay. Definetly a keeper. Thank you slacker!

as for the extra delay time, if anybody asks for it I can post the adapted layouts and stuff. The repeat gets some OD, but that doens't bother me at all.

I'm interested in the adapted layouts, post 'em up!

Tuemmueh

Quote from: evilpaul on July 28, 2008, 07:34:21 PM
Quote from: Valoosj on July 28, 2008, 05:07:11 PM

I'm interested in the adapted layouts, post 'em up!

+1

Valoosj

Sorry for the delay  ;D (pun very much so intended)

Now I just have one question for you. I want to use an LDR to add more feedback since I love the oscillation. How should I wire it? Hook up one leg to lug 1 and the other to lug 3 of the feedback pot? I want it to increase in feedback as I dim the light on the LDR.
Well this... this is just silly... this can't fit in a 1590B... can it? And you're not even using SMD you mad man!

DWBH

Is the schematic on the first page 100% correct?

Boogdish

I was able to successfully build one using the schematic on the first page.  Just the feedback resistor needs to be selected for your personal taste.

slacker

Quote from: DWBH on August 06, 2008, 06:58:55 PM
Is the schematic on the first page 100% correct?

Yes, it's correct. The version in my layout gallery had a few pin numbering errors on the 2 opamps but I've corrected that now as well.

Valoosj

Use the verified layout in the pdf file. I used that pcb to add the extra time mod.

Nobody knows how to do the thing I asked in my previous post?

ppatchmods

Is there a wiring diagram for the jacks and switches?  I'm kinda new to reading the layouts.  Also, is their a replacement for the 7805 transistor?  Small bear doesn't carry them. Thanks

-John
When your life is over, will any of this STUFF really matter?

slacker

My vero layout show the wiring for the jacks and switches, it's the same which ever layout you use.

http://www.aronnelson.com/gallery/main.php/v/slackers-stuff/echobasefinal.jpg.html

The 78L05 that smallbear carries should be fine, I think other people have used them.

http://www.smallbearelec.com/Categories.bok?category=ICs+-+Voltage++Regulators+and+Converters

ppatchmods

Valoosj

Since no one feels like answering my question I'll come up with the solution. Slacker, could you verify this?
If I add and LDR on LUG 2 and 3 (left and middle with the shaft down and the lugs facing me) would that increase the feedback when I dampen the incoming light on the LDR?
I haven't been able to test it, but I think this should do it.

Here's a pic of my finished Echo Base fields.

Filament

Regarding verified layouts, I can attest that the latest anonymousfacelesscoward layout is good.  Some may like it as it's a good bit smaller than his original one.  I was able to squeeze it into a 1590.  I won't post it since it's not mine but you can find it on his site.
This is not my large automobile

Gila_Crisis

i built it and i'm really pleased, it sounds really really good!!!
btw what value do you suggest for R17? on mine i used the standard 20k resistor, but it's too low, already before 3/4 of the feedback pot it start selfoscillating!!! :icon_eek:

Barcode80

what type of switch? i know you only need single throw, but is it momentary like boss that is required or is latching required?

slacker

For the bypass footswitch you need a SPST latching or use a half a SPDT latching as they are probably easier to get hold of.

ppatchmods

Is the toggle switch a on(on) w/ 3 lugs?  I thinks that's right, but just checking before i pick one up. Also, on the newer layout, do all the ic's face the same way? thanks

slacker

Yeah the tails/Boss toggle is a SPDT on/on latching switch.

Not sure about the layout, you mean the compact anonymousfaceless one?

ppatchmods

yes, the anonymousfaceless one.  It appears they all face the same way, but I think I read that someone fried an ic assuming the same thing. Thanks Slacker!