Echo Base - a new PT2399 delay

Started by slacker, August 27, 2007, 04:33:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bent

just a hint, if it could help... :icon_wink:

i was having trouble with the speed pot, it seem's to do nothing on the sound....after spending lot of time to debug, change pot, verify evething...i found out that the problem was the battery....a battery running at +/- 7.5 volts makes the speed not fonctionnary .... i put a new 9 volt and "voila"...problem sovled, evrything works as normal....

bent

Long live the music.....

returntable

Quote from: Dimitree on December 17, 2008, 05:06:59 PM
what is the "range" of the waveshaper mod? I'd like to add that..but..what kind of additional waveforms could I get with this mod?

The "stock" LFO Waveform is a Triangle. The Waveshape Mod allows you to blend between a triangle and a squarewave.
The squarewave LFO is pretty cool, because it adds kind of pitchshifting effects to the delay signal.
"the earth is not a flat screen"
-Saul Williams-

bent

i have a little problem....

there's a little "tic...tic...tic" in the sound that goes faster or slower when i turn the speed pot....

only mod made is the wave pot 25kb....

anyone have a clue?

bent
Long live the music.....

Barcode80

Quote from: bent on December 21, 2008, 11:56:26 AM

there's a little "tic...tic...tic" in the sound that goes faster or slower when i turn the speed pot....

anyone have a clue?

bent

see earlier in the thread on ways to reduce noise, it's just your LFO ticking. It should in fact change with the speed pot.

sovtek50

Quote from: slacker on December 16, 2008, 05:57:01 PM
Quote from: sovtek50 on December 16, 2008, 06:28:38 AM
The status LED function is reversed, means it's off when the effect is on and vice versa.
Anybody got an idea what that could be?

That's strange, which layout have you used?

I used the vero layout. Lately, the tail/boss switch ain't working either. The unit seems to be working perfectly, except for the switching... hmmm...
A circuit a day keeps the therapist away.

Valoosj

Quote from: frequencycentral
You squeezed it into a 1590A - you insane fool!  :icon_mrgreen:
Quote from: Scruffie
Well this... this is just silly... this can't fit in a 1590B... can it? And you're not even using SMD you mad man!

Slade

anyone have a clue?

bent
I had the same problem, it was more notorious with distorsion after delay, i simply solved it by using Polyester Box caps (bought at RS..) and changing the 100nF capacitor between lugs 11 and 12 of the PT2399 for a 220nF cap.
Hope this can help you, at least my tic is now gone... ;)

BTW, i used NE5532 ICs for LFO U1 and Out.

gigimarga

Hello!

What's the Waveshape mod for?
I did it, but i can't hear major differences with it :D

And what's a Modulation on/off switch for?

returntable

maybe next time, before you post a question, you should try to search and read through the thread for an answer...
Only 5 Posts before your question I explained it.
"the earth is not a flat screen"
-Saul Williams-

gigimarga

Quote from: returntable on January 01, 2009, 09:36:00 AM
maybe next time, before you post a question, you should try to search and read through the thread for an answer...
Only 5 Posts before your question I explained it.

Sorry...it's a very long topic and i didn't read all carefully :(...is there a problem if i used a 22K linear pot instead of 25K?

Slade

It will be better if you use a 50k linear pot, the effect will be more notorious.
Good Luck ;)

gigimarga

Thx Slade...i will try these days!

gigimarga

Quote from: Slade on January 01, 2009, 12:12:24 PM
It will be better if you use a 50k linear pot, the effect will be more notorious.
Good Luck ;)

Thx a lot Slade for this advice...now the effect of the pot it's obviously stronger!

Slade

You're welcome ;)
Now post some demos! ;D

bent

Quote from: Slade on December 30, 2008, 06:52:09 PM

anyone have a clue?

bent
I had the same problem, it was more notorious with distorsion after delay, i simply solved it by using Polyester Box caps (bought at RS..) and changing the 100nF capacitor between lugs 11 and 12 of the PT2399 for a 220nF cap.
Hope this can help you, at least my tic is now gone... ;)

BTW, i used NE5532 ICs for LFO U1 and Out.
thank's SLADE, i try it before...
i change between lugs 11 and 12 to 560nF (see earlier post), and between lug 9 and 10 to 220nf, didn't change anything...i try with a mc4558 in both place, and still nothing change...
still have this f**** tic...tic...tic...
i use polyester box caps.....
:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
great project, but can't used it....
bent
Long live the music.....

Valoosj

Quote from: slacker on November 26, 2008, 01:10:08 PM

The method you've used to switch the modulation on and off will work but you might get some strange noises when it switches. Basically, if the switch breaks before it makes there will momentarily be an infinite resistance between pin 6 and ground which will cause the delay to switch to a very long delay time causing a nasty sounding spike in the signal.

A better way to do it is either to have the switch ground the base of the BC560 or make it short out C5 both of these will kill the modulation cleanly. I prefer to short C5.

To short C5, does this mean you would just add a switch between C5 and R6/3? (I'm referring to simons' schematic on this one)
Quote from: frequencycentral
You squeezed it into a 1590A - you insane fool!  :icon_mrgreen:
Quote from: Scruffie
Well this... this is just silly... this can't fit in a 1590B... can it? And you're not even using SMD you mad man!

slacker

Yeah that's right. One side of the the switch goes to R7/C5 and the other side goes to C5/R6/R3.

slacker

anyone have a clue?

bent

Is this ticking all the time, in bypass as well as when the delay is on?
What happens if you remove the wave shape pot?

Fuzz Aldryn

Quote from: slacker on January 04, 2009, 09:24:24 AM

anyone have a clue?

bent

Is this ticking all the time, in bypass as well as when the delay is on?
What happens if you remove the wave shape pot?

Hi slacker,

got the same problem as mentioned above. In my case it still tics in bypass. But for me it's not that worse, because youn can barely hear until you put a distortion device after the delay., which I never do. Strange but true: If I turn another device in front of it on e.g. an Orange Squeezer the tic is gone? Might something to do with grounding?

Regards
Helge

gigimarga

Quote from: Slade on January 02, 2009, 06:22:33 PM
You're welcome ;)
Now post some demos! ;D

Thx a lot!
I have no microphone, so my clips will sound crappy :D, but i will try as soon as possible.