Echo Base - a new PT2399 delay

Started by slacker, August 27, 2007, 04:33:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slacker

The 20k resistor is after the diodes so adjusting that won't affect the clipping, that resistor controls how easily the pedal self oscillates. If you wanted to try what R.G was talking about you would need to add a resistor between the wiper of the feedback pot and the diodes.
Yeah a pot between the diodes and ground would let you dial in different amounts of clipping, might be interesting to try that.

P.S. rewatching The Empire Strikes Back right now because of all of this Cheesy

Then my work here is done :)

Jimi W

Just like to say thanks Slacker for a wonderful pedal!

Finished mine lastnight, didn't work at first but a very easy debug found I'd missed a resistor and a trace cut out!! Idiot!

Loving the sounds, may do another one with a modulation switch and other bits and bobs.

Heres a pic of mine, kept the Starwars theme going!

The 2 blaster lines below the Feedback pot glow red when the effect is on  :icon_cool:

Jimi

Taylor

Quote from: Jimi W on April 15, 2010, 03:11:24 PM
The 2 blaster lines below the Feedback pot glow red when the effect is on  :icon_cool:

Jimi

We're going to need pics of that.

Did you use a Dremel blade to do that, or...?

slacker

Nice one Jimi, that looks great. Definitely need to see those laser beams :)

Jimi W

May be a bit of a let down chaps!!!

Was a bit tricky to photo and I need to make the LED a bit brighter. Forgot it wasn't a super bright LED! May actually swap it for a blue one?

Taylor, yeah I used a Dremel cutting disc, kinda wished I'd got a thinner disc though because they ended up a bit wider than I'd hoped for. Must say I was very nervous taking the Dremel to my first etched enclosure that I'd spent so long on!

Jimi

Taylor

Quote from: Jimi W on April 15, 2010, 03:39:51 PM

No way, that looks really cool. I applaud you, sir.

BoxOfSnoo

Awesome!  Where did you find the font for that?
My Dropbox referral link - bonus 250MB of space for both of us if you use it

Jimi W

Quote from: BoxOfSnoo on April 15, 2010, 03:59:07 PM

I just googled Starwars font and searched.....and searched! Its called StarJedi. You can get it for free here

http://www.dafont.com/star-jedi.font

Works loads better for some words than others.

Jimi

BoxOfSnoo

Quote from: Jimi W on April 15, 2010, 04:09:02 PM
Quote from: BoxOfSnoo on April 15, 2010, 03:59:07 PM

I just googled Starwars font and searched.....and searched! Its called StarJedi. You can get it for free here

http://www.dafont.com/star-jedi.font

Works loads better for some words than others.

Hope you realize I am SO going to rip off your idea for this :)  Don't be surprised if you see it in the pics thread.
My Dropbox referral link - bonus 250MB of space for both of us if you use it

kungpow79

I'm going to expose my geekiness (yeah right), but did the Rebels actually fire red lasers?  Were they blue?  I can't remember...

And I'm not knocking you bro, the pedal is sick!  As someone already stated, I pretty much wanna rip off your design.  In fact, a whole array of STAR WARS themed pedals would be awesome.  Tatooine, Endor, Degoba... oh god...   :D

Fuzz Aldryn

Hi,

beautiful etch work. I personaly stopped etching my enclosures as it is way too time taking and sometimes unpredictable. Anyway I discovered a new method that works well for me - ceramic foils you usualy use to make your own coffee cups.:D No clear coating needed, no super skinny waterslide that rips off while trying to apply it.
Anyway, here's my (reworked) Echo Base V2 with true bypass.

Cheers
Helge

BRingoC

OOOOOHHHH SNAAAAAAAAP! I TOOOOOOOTAAAAAALY want one of those star wars enclosures!!!!!!!!
Since when is 3/4 of the way up "cranked"?

Brymus

Quote from: Jimi W on April 15, 2010, 03:39:51 PM

Was a bit tricky to photo and I need to make the LED a bit brighter. Forgot it wasn't a super bright LED! May actually swap it for a blue one?

Taylor, yeah I used a Dremel cutting disc, kinda wished I'd got a thinner disc though because they ended up a bit wider than I'd hoped for. Must say I was very nervous taking the Dremel to my first etched enclosure that I'd spent so long on!

Jimi
WOW I love it,excellent work mate.I can tell you put alot of effort into that build,The red lasers are sweet !!!!!You should make them pulse with the circuit as a speed indicator.

And the one by Fuzz Aldrin is way cool too !! I love the Fonts and color scheme very Star Wars.
Hey Fuzz you gotta link for those foils you used for the graphics ? That looks super pro,and way easier than the usual method.
I'm no EE or even a tech,just a monkey with a soldering iron that can read,and follow instructions. ;D
My now defunct band http://www.facebook.com/TheZedLeppelinExperience

Marcvv

Quote from: Fuzz Aldryn on April 15, 2010, 07:21:13 PM
Hi,

beautiful etch work. I personaly stopped etching my enclosures as it is way too time taking and sometimes unpredictable. Anyway I discovered a new method that works well for me - ceramic foils you usualy use to make your own coffee cups.:D No clear coating needed, no super skinny waterslide that rips off while trying to apply it.
Anyway, here's my (reworked) Echo Base V2 with true bypass.

Cheers
Helge

Hi Helge, That looks very nice! Can you please explain about the ceramic foils you used. I do not know this at all.

Thanks, Marc

Fuzz Aldryn

Hi,

first thanks for your kind words. But I'm sorry, since I'm German I only can find german instrauctions for it - can't even find the right term for this kind of foil. Go to your local copyshop who offers also custom printed coffee cups and ask for it. There are also diy ceramic foils out there which work with inkjet printer but I don't recommand that - way more steps and less good results - spend that little extra money on your local copy dude and his laser printer.
How does work? Well, like the average watersilde decal. But since its laser printed you don't have to cover it with a small clearcoat film to protect it. Just throw it into the water, apply it to your enclosure, let it dry for several hours and then put into your oven at 170°C for about 40min. After that it's burned onto the enclosure and won't come off anymore. After that process it's also pretty resistent to scratches -tried to scratch it with scissors but no, no success it still sticks pretty well.

Cheers
Helge

Marcvv

Quote from: Fuzz Aldryn on April 16, 2010, 05:44:23 AM
Hi,

first thanks for your kind words. But I'm sorry, since I'm German I only can find german instrauctions for it - can't even find the right term for this kind of foil. Go to your local copyshop who offers also custom printed coffee cups and ask for it. There are also diy ceramic foils out there which work with inkjet printer but I don't recommand that - way more steps and less good results - spend that little extra money on your local copy dude and his laser printer.
How does work? Well, like the average watersilde decal. But since its laser printed you don't have to cover it with a small clearcoat film to protect it. Just throw it into the water, apply it to your enclosure, let it dry for several hours and then put into your oven at 170°C for about 40min. After that it's burned onto the enclosure and won't come off anymore. After that process it's also pretty resistent to scratches -tried to scratch it with scissors but no, no success it still sticks pretty well.

Cheers
Helge

Hi Helge,

Thanks for reacting.
What is the German word for it. It sounds like it is a waterslide decal??

Marc

Fuzz Aldryn

Quote from: gitaar0 on April 16, 2010, 07:07:38 AM
Hi,

Cheers
Helge

Hi Helge,

Thanks for reacting.

Marc

Hi,

"keramikfolie" or "tassenfolie. And yes it is indeed a waterslide decal. A bit thicker and less damageable than the "normal" waterslide. Have a look here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M20Q2aykIc8&feature=related Instead of protecting it with clearcoat you just put it into your oven at 170°C for about 40min.
And what I forgot to mention: You can easily drill through it after it is burned in.

Cheers
Helge

Marcvv

Quote from: Fuzz Aldryn on April 16, 2010, 07:20:10 AM
Quote from: gitaar0 on April 16, 2010, 07:07:38 AM
Hi,

Cheers
Helge

Hi Helge,

Thanks for reacting.

Marc

Hi,

"keramikfolie" or "tassenfolie. And yes it is indeed a waterslide decal. A bit thicker and less damageable than the "normal" waterslide. Have a look here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M20Q2aykIc8&feature=related Instead of protecting it with clearcoat you just put it into your oven at 170°C for about 40min.
And what I forgot to mention: You can easily drill through it after it is burned in.

Cheers
Helge

Ok, laser waterslide decals I know. Thanks

Brymus

Yeah thanks, Papilio here in USA sells the same thing> vinyl water slide decals that you bake on for coffee mugs.
And you need a color laser printer for color graphics.
I am glad to know it looks so good and so durable when done properly,as they recomend allowing for alot of mistakes to get the sizing right.
Does it shrink alot when its baked?
Bryan
I'm no EE or even a tech,just a monkey with a soldering iron that can read,and follow instructions. ;D
My now defunct band http://www.facebook.com/TheZedLeppelinExperience

Fuzz Aldryn

Quote from: Brymus on April 16, 2010, 01:15:28 PM
Yeah thanks, Papilio here in USA sells the same thing> vinyl water slide decals that you bake on for coffee mugs.
And you need a color laser printer for color graphics.
I am glad to know it looks so good and so durable when done properly,as they recomend allowing for alot of mistakes to get the sizing right.
Does it shrink alot when its baked?
Bryan

Mine does not. It measure before and after the process 105,5x55,5cm which ist my prefered size for Eddystone B typ enclosures. You only have to make clear that everything is 100% dry before put it into your oven otherwise it won't come out even. Another thing is it has to be 100% flat onto your enclosure - everything that goes around the rounded borders will lift and break of. So better be safe than sorry and stay away prox. 1mm to the border corners.
Here is my scratch test:D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-4mmB-sSbU

Cheers
Helge