Tychobrahe Octavia/Untavia mod

Started by DiamondDog, September 01, 2007, 03:57:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DiamondDog

Hi,

I'm getting brave and looking at doing an Octavia soon. At homewrecker.com, Brian Tremblay has good reports on the Untavia, and a search here revealed more positive reports. All three references...  :D Oh, and including our esteemed administrator!

I thought that I might slip a switch into the build to give me the Un/Octavia option. If my reading is correct, the mod involves taking the transformer and diodes out of the circuit. Would I be correct in saying that if we were to look at this layout at generalguitargadgets.com as a reference, I would slip the switch in between the - of C6 (the 33uF electro) output to lug 3 of the volume pot? Is that it?

Any reports on the Tobias Carlson "body mod"?

Cheers,

DD

It's your sound. Take no prisoners. Follow no brands. Do it your way.

"Protect your ears more cautiously than your penis."
    - Steve Vai, "The 30 Hour Workout"

DiamondDog

tcobretti

Take a look at this and apply the switching as it is implemented here:

The transformer doesn't affect the sound much, if at all when bypassed this way.

DiamondDog

Fuzzy-Train

I've done both octave and body mod to my GGG octavia and I would sugggest both for sure... makes it really versatile.

Though with the octave off and body mod engaged on CERTAIN high notes I don't that much sustain for some reason. If I turn off the body switch or turn on the octave the sustain is back.
THERE IS NO SIG.

The user formerly known as NoNothing.

Stuff I built!
http://s174.photobucket.com/albums/w106/Cpt_sergeant/?start=allRandom