Where do you get extra leads from?

Started by BoostAddict, September 10, 2007, 11:04:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BoostAddict

You know, instead of jumpering with a cable, you use a lead or something.  This whole time I've been using the leads I cut off my resistors or caps but I realized those are a bit too tiny and I end up losing them or slipping out of my fingers.  I was looking at Barber's new pedals and I see he has some thicker leads.  Anyone know where I can get some of those?  Here's the pic.  You see the ones connecting to the 3pdt from the board.

CGDARK

BoostAddict

:o 100 ft!  K, at least I know what to look for, time to fin d a smaller batch  :icon_twisted:

moro

Wow, that's pretty. Is that the Barb E.Q.?

BoostAddict

I think it's called the trifecta. 

I hope I can find some of this tinned copper locally.  I can't justify spending 20 bucks on something that I'll use so little of.  10 ft would be perfect.

MartyMart

Try using the lead from power diodes like 1N4001/4002 that's nice and thick.
I use that also to connect "daughter boards" to other boards - vero/PCB/perf
Buy 100 and trim the extra lead off, silva mica "pf" value caps also come with
VERY long, thicker leads too.
MM.
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

Paul Perry (Frostwave)

If you have house wiring offcuts (or fight the scrappies rummaging thru dumpsters and building sites for it) you often find the wire is multistrand copper - and the strands are not far off the thickness you want.
If you have a scrap dealer in your area, they might sell you a bunch of wire.
Admittedly, the tinned stuff is pretty sweet to work with - provided you don't mistake a bit of it for solder & hold the end until your finger burns. Yep, I did it  :icon_eek: :icon_redface: :icon_redface: :icon_cry: