Boss DS-1 true bypass: Success!

Started by moro, September 09, 2007, 12:19:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DBDbadreligion

hey,

I did the ds-1 true bypass mod today.
I got it al wired up and now it only work when it is turned on, when bypassed no sound comes out. 
And also the LED when turned on it flashes really bright to the brightness it supposed to be and then dims down.
Nick Landt

DBDbadreligion@gmail.com

DBDbadreligion

actually I got the bypass working properly.  But the LED will not work when it is plugged into a power supply.
Nick Landt

DBDbadreligion@gmail.com

DBDbadreligion

Nick Landt

DBDbadreligion@gmail.com

DBDbadreligion

should the pad where wire 18 is be connected to the switch?
Nick Landt

DBDbadreligion@gmail.com

DBDbadreligion

Nick Landt

DBDbadreligion@gmail.com

DBDbadreligion

how would I go about modding a boss tr-2 for true-bypass?
here's where the schematic is, http://www.freeinfosociety.com/electronics/schempage.php?cat=1
Nick Landt

DBDbadreligion@gmail.com

DBDbadreligion

Nick Landt

DBDbadreligion@gmail.com

sevenisthenumber

I found this while searching around. How can I apply it to the BD-2 Blues Driver. I have a problem somewhere in my switching and want to just bypass the switching circuit not because im a true bypass freak but because i want my pedal to work with an LED plus i might just recase it with some mods. Any help is appreciated.

<p>

sevenisthenumber

i tried jumping q4 and q5 and the pedal still would turn on and off w/ boss footswitch? It also made the bypass very weak and muddy???

ayayay!

The people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

sevenisthenumber

sevenisthenumber

kurtlives

My DIY site:
www.pdfelectronics.com

stoneattic

moro, big thanks for this. 

I've got a few (too many?) Boss pedals on my board and I'm constantly pulling them off and putting them back on because if there's more than three or so I can really hear the sparkle go away. 
I just finished converting it and found that I too had to pull the LED diode and jumper it.  Before I did that the LED would work "occasionally" and I found that if I grounded it, it would start working, but as soon as I disconnected the power supply it would need to be re-grounded to start working again.  I should note that I have a brighter LED as well per a Monte Allums kit.

Now I just need to figure out how to do it to my remaining Boss pedals.  :icon_mrgreen:

SprinkleSpraycan

As for the why would you do this? I modded the daylights out of my ds1 and added a bias control. Without a true bypass the 'off' mode still colors my sound as I'm choking down the buffer. I will be doing this bypass mod soon!