Hello, Guvnor modification and Bit depth question

Started by Yarodia, September 22, 2007, 06:08:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yarodia

Hi everyone, i've just registered on the forum and I'm quite excited to find out more about the effects I love to use and how to make them more bizarre!  ;D

I found this site when looking for a way to create a Bit Depth / Bit Rate modifier for use in my guitar rig. I love the sound of the Direct X effect by Hyperprism called the 'Sonic Decimator' (possibly the coolest effect name on the planet IMO) and I wanted to use it on-stage without the need for a computer. maybe some of you nice chaps will have ideas how to go about that? But before I jump into what will probably be a rather complicated project I have a Marshall Guvnor pedal just lying around so maybe i'll be able to modify that or at least built one of the starter projects in it's case to get me going.

Look forward to hangin out and makin some crazy noise  :icon_twisted:

GREEN FUZ

There are a number of non-commercial pedals that monkey with the signal in a similar way to the Sonic Alienator. Off the top of my head I can think of the Nyquist Aliaser but if you type Sonic Alienator into the search engine you should find a few more sound-mangling gadgets.

Some samples of the Nyquist to get you going.

http://moosapotamus.net/IDEAS/nyquist/nyquist.htm

Yarodia

Thanks for that!

The Nyquist Aliaser sounds pretty cool and its quite close to the sound i'm after, quite tempted to give this one a try. Thanks very much for pointing me in the right direction :)