400mA power supply enough for a pedal which requires 600mA?

Started by Mann, September 27, 2007, 11:13:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mann

It is actully 1.3A, would that be too much for the pedal needing 0.6A?

Mark Hammer

The pedal draws as much as it needs.  The concern over having too much current is if the circuit has no built-in means for limiting how much current it will draw.  Some circuits, I imagine, are a little like goldfish, in that they will eat as much as you can feed them, and die as a result.

Ronsonic

Quote from: Mann on October 01, 2007, 04:15:55 AM
I bought a new power supply which gives 1000mA (600mA needed) but the effect does not work as it should - delay, reverb and modulation effects don't work at all only the amp simulations.
Could this 1000mA be too much?

No, the capacity of the power supply won't be an issue. Interesting fault and it's possible you are now looking at the original problem that landed the thing in the junk bin.

Time to go internal and check some voltages or just run it for what it can still do.
http://ronbalesfx.blogspot.com
My Blog of FX, Gear and Amp Services and DIY Info

Ben N

That is remarkable news about California. I guess Bob Heil is way ahead of the curve on this one (and RG, too).

As for the V-Amp, I had trouble with presets on mine (V-Amp 2), and replacing the little lithium-ion fixed it (although not without the joy of having to repair the crappy battery holder with superglue when a itty-bitty plastic clamp broke off). Doesn't sound like your problem, though. Can't hurt to try, but be careful with that battery holder--don't try to force anything. Good luck.
  • SUPPORTER