Writers block...

Started by trendyironicname, October 18, 2007, 12:22:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trendyironicname

anyone ever find themselves sitting there staring at the wall behind their bench for hours at a time?

It's happening a lot more often these days.
There are 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

jonathan perez

my buddies girlfriend said i dont do anything for the band, so i called her yoko and hung up on her.

yesterday i wrote an AWESOME song. its amazing.

if you cant write, you cant write. forcing it sounds the worst...crack one and have a sandwich... ;)
no longer the battle of midway...(i left that band)...

i hate signatures with gear lists/crap for sale....

i am a wah pervert...ask away...

newfish

Yep...

...and then three new songs jump out all at once.

Was happily up later than I should have been last night recording 'bare bones' demos and scoring them out.

+1 to the Beer and Sandwich idea.
In fact, about +5 beers, follow with a little Whiskey and to hell with tomorrow!

:icon_razz:
Happiness is a warm etchant bath.

soulsonic

That happens to me all the time.

When I can think of anything, I start a binge of information gathering. I read a bunch of books, listen to alot of music, watch alot of movies. Anything I can find that can serve as a point of reference or inspiration. I actually end up reading a bunch of educational stuff too. History books and whatnot.

I was having a block for a few months. Now I think my brain is full enough with all this random info that I feel an entire album's worth of stuff waiting to come out. It's almost like something that grows inside you that you have to feed until it's ready to spring out of your brain.

Also sometimes you just kind of hit this brick wall. When that happens, you'll know it. The only remedy for that is a dramatic change in something.
Check out my NEW DIY site - http://solgrind.wordpress.com