So Simple Comp Trimpot bypass.

Started by mcasey1, November 05, 2007, 08:39:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcasey1

Say I wanted to bypass the internal trimpots in the SS Comp circuit, and just allow the full amount of compression and volume through when the external pots are maxed.  Would I just replace the trimpots with some low value resistors or jumpers, and if so, what value resistors for the different trimpots?  Thanks all!

mcasey1

Would it just be jumpers if I wanted to make it as if the trimpots were full open?

mcasey1

Aharon

I don't know what circuit you are talking about but what I would do is put resistor worth the full value of the pot to one side and a jumper tot he other side and off you go,the circuit would see a pot fully cw.
Aharon
Aharon

JDoyle

Quote from: mcasey1 on November 06, 2007, 09:47:02 AM
c'mon....
Ummmmmmmmmmm...........

What is the 'SS Comp' circuit? You might get a bit more help with this information. Maybe.

bipedal

Don't know that circuit at all, so just guessing here.  Maybe I'm not understanding the question.

Assuming the trimpots are used as variable resistors (i.e. one pot lug and the wiper are shorted):
- Replace the trimpot with a jumper for "wide open".
- Replace the trimpot with a resistor equal to trimpot value for "closed" (for example, if it's a 5K trimpot, replace with a 5k resistor).
- If you'd keep the trimpot in the middle of it's range, find that resistance value and look for close equivalent resistor value.

Different story if a trimpot wiper is not shorted to one of the lugs -- in that case, you might run into problems if you replace the pot with jumpers on both sides of the wiper...

Cheers,

- Jay

"I have gotten a lot of results. I know several thousand things that won't work." -T. Edison
The Happy Household; The Young Flyers; Derailleur