Dallas Arbiter Fuzz Face

Started by harkkam, April 04, 2008, 03:38:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragonfly

Quote from: harkkam on April 05, 2008, 06:24:46 AM
Other than a dallas arbiter fuzz face, what else can I make that would give me some of hendrix's tone. I know he used the univibe and vox wah. But the univibe is wayy beyond my scope at this point. And the wah pedal case costs 40 bucks as much as a used pedal on ebay.

For my housing can i go to home depot and use the metal boxes used to hold electric sockets in the home. They're cheap.

Octavia. You could always look at a fuzz face or octavia kit from www.generalguitargadgets.com ...affordable, and you get all the parts needed to build it.

Ive used the electrical housings before...I wont do it again. Too much of a PITA for the $3-$4 saved, plus they are tough on unibits. I'd rather just order a $5 / $6 enclosure from pedal parts plus...easier to drill, smaller, better fit and finish, none of the little "circles" that pop out when youre trying to drill, etc, etc, etc. Worth the extra couple bucks.

rikkards

You know what they say about people who assume...

Quote from: Idiot on April 04, 2008, 09:40:40 PM
Ever heard of www.effectsconnection.com ? Didn't think so....
Pedals built: Kay Fuzztone, Fuzz Face, Foxx Tone Machine, May Queen, Buffer/Booster, ROG Thor, BSIAB2, ROG Supreaux,  Electrictab JCM800 Emulator, ROG Eighteen
Present Project: '98 Jeep TJ

Krinor

Hey harkkam, welcome onboard.

Here's my advise to get you started:

Buy the Fuzz Face kit from GGG. It's quite cheap, and you are supporting a really great guy - plus you get a nice pedal.  :icon_wink:

superferrite

Quote from: Krinor on April 05, 2008, 02:46:57 PM
Hey harkkam, welcome onboard.

Here's my advise to get you started:

Buy the Fuzz Face kit from GGG. It's quite cheap, and you are supporting a really great guy - plus you get a nice pedal.  :icon_wink:

Great advice.  I started  this madness a couple of months ago with the GGG Boutique Sixties FF and it is excellent.
Psychedelic Garage Metal

harkkam

Well I  was thinking of building the Octavia and the Big Muff PI, they seem to be pretty cool.

I would buy the kits but im trying to save money and Im trying to see perhaps I can make a box out of less. Like for the octavia I would be deff saving money. And the big muff pi is like 70 dollars. I could make it for 25-30 perhaps.

idlechatterbox

If trying to save money and time .........  the vero layout that dragonfly (I think) did for the Silicon Fuzz Face is very easy to build. Everyone's got his/her own approach, but I just socket everything and mix and match to get the tone I like. Easy to do with the vero.

I confess that I've never played mine alongside an actual Fuzz Face, but it sounds good enough that I've never really worried about it.

Good luck either way!  8)