UK DIYers - where do you get your parts?

Started by snow, November 14, 2007, 04:14:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Austin73

Hey Snow welcome aboard

Heres my two pences worth

Maplin - No unless you need a LMC567 for thing modulator

Rapid is very good for basic resistors etc

Hot Rox UK for 3PDT switches

DasMusikding - pretty good for more strange stuff

Banzai - have pretty much everything you need

Bowood Electronics aren't too bad and VERY good service

Just some advice - DON'T BUY the parts packs off anybody as you get a load of useless values and about 2 of what you need. Just buy what you need and in bulk if you can as when you really get into this you'll find most pedals have the same components in varying quantities.

And if your really struggling - post on here we aren't bad people and normally have bits and pieces spare or for swaps

Hope this helps

Aus
Bazz Fuss, Red LLama, Harmonic Jerkulator, LoFo MoFo, NPN Boost, Bronx Cheer, AB Box, Dual Loop, Crash Sync

rackham

I've done pretty well with these guys.

http://www.rshelectronics.co.uk

They do 3PDTs for less than a fiver too.

Hanglow

buying 3pdt's from aron works out at about £3.50 each including shipping. And it arrives three times faster than Banzai ;D

Austin73

thats pretty good at present with exchange rate but if anything changes try Hot Rox as they can work out cheaper maybe even get a friend to help you bulk buy for discount.

There is a place on EBAY that seems to have good switches and knobs cheap but its from hong kong or china so not sure how reliable if i remeber I will post a link

Aus
Bazz Fuss, Red LLama, Harmonic Jerkulator, LoFo MoFo, NPN Boost, Bronx Cheer, AB Box, Dual Loop, Crash Sync

Papa_lazerous

the hong kong 3pdt are fakes I have had some.......Sure they where cheap and they work ok but they are copys and who knows how long they will last.  I should imagine they are all the same.

you get what you pay for!  Best thing to do is buy from smallbear, forget hotrox they are expensive!  smallbear and buy 100 in one go you get them at a dirt cheap rate then, cheaper than the hongkong fakes, and you could put half of them on ebay undercut hotrox and turn a profit and still have plenty left for yourself... ;)