Just another PT80- question

Started by The Surgeon, November 11, 2007, 01:37:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Surgeon

Hi!

I´ve been using my PT80 for a while now.  I have built Rbt 2,5 before that. It sounds a bit warmer than
PT80 but has that slight noise problem (although very little).

PT80 is noiseless and works fine, but I like in  some way that bit darker sound.

Both pedals have modified to produce about 300mS delay time, that´s enough for me, I want to
keep things simple and basic like old analog delays.

So my question is how to modify PT80 so that the higher frequencies of repeats are cut a bit more?

The Surgeon

Ok maybe it was stupid question...here´s what I did:

I was already took off the 22k resistor to compander chip pin 12 to avoid strong feedback and replaced it 10k and 12k resistors
and put 22nF cap to ground from the junction of resistors. That solved feedback problem; at the end off pot rotation I got normal amount of
oscillation.

Now I put another 22nF cap parallel the first cap to make 44nf capacitance. Yep it got warmer sounding, in fact I like it better BUT
now I don´t get oscillation any more (Rebote 2,5 doesn´t oscillate, that´s true).

Well I can live without oscillation but I still feel that it doesn´t behave like old analog pedals now. So here´s another stupid
question: is there better place that extra filtering or do I have to choose between some amount of oscillation or brighter repeats? :icon_eek: