the building of my insane pedalboard

Started by Valoosj, November 17, 2007, 11:47:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valoosj

It is indeed ferric chloride. Regarding the time, it took me a very long time with this method. I do it the same way as I make my pcbs. (more photos of that in the first or second page)
With my next etch I will cover the entire pedal and toss it in the etchant, instead of continuously reapplying etchant with a q-tip.

The Box of Rock font comes from Jerry Cantrell's guitar. I received the exact same sticker a few months ago, and I put a friend to work with photoshop.
It was a very tight fit. I really had to fit everything at first before I started drilling the holes. I ended up sanding down a bit of the border of the bottom plate, since the DC input was 2mm too low. The good thing is that I now know what can be put in :D

My Payback will be in the same enclosure size, as will my echo base.
Quote from: frequencycentral
You squeezed it into a 1590A - you insane fool!  :icon_mrgreen:
Quote from: Scruffie
Well this... this is just silly... this can't fit in a 1590B... can it? And you're not even using SMD you mad man!

Valoosj

Time for a new update!

I learnt how to swirl paint, here's my first try.

And the board in it's current status. I've got about 4 pedals left to build.

Well this... this is just silly... this can't fit in a 1590B... can it? And you're not even using SMD you mad man!

andrew_k

Sweeeeet.

Have you considered raising the board up a little so you can run the cables and power supplies underneath? It's getting to the point now where you need that space for pedals

Valoosj

This is just a temporary board. Once the pedals are done I'm building a flightcase.

MRX2099

Real nice pedals, especially the light up ones what size enclosure for the tremulus Lune pedal and what size/type LED to get the glows? 3mm 5 mm?  or what, also which layout for the Tremulus Lune did you use? link please

Thanks

Valoosj

The enclosure size is the same as Zvex pedals. In europe it's the B size box.  For the tremulus lune you should visit commonsound or tonepad. They have the layouts.
I made a tutorial for the light emitting border. Just use the search for that one.

Valoosj

Haven't updated this thread in a while, so hold on to something :D

As I heard a lot of great things about the ross phaser, I decided it was time to build one.

Nice phaser but a bit too subtle for band use.

Then it was time for a Fuzz Face, this one is negative ground.

As a recommendation I tried an orange squeezer. But compressors aren't my thing so I haven't boxed it up. Might do it some day.
v

Then a girl asked me to build her an OD with boost. So the BSIAB2 was made as well. Don't really like the tone of it but she was pleased

Then here's my coolest pedal of them all. A famous OD clone.

After this pedal building I decided it was time to start working on a flight case...

In the meantime I finished an Echo Base delay.

Back to the pedal case

Sometimes I was lucky enough to get some nice weather

With the pedals layed out as they will be when they are done.

Let there be light!

The weight of the case is estimated at 40kg when finished, dimensions are 110x55x21 cm on the inside.

Auke Haarsma

SISKO

Niiiiicceeeeee  :icon_twisted:

A little to heavy for my taste  :P
--Is there any body out there??--

Jered

robizz

please please please

tel me how you can do this:

I love it!

PS  very huge work with the flight case! :o
Sorry for my very bad english but i'm italian! (and i think you've understood that!)

Zben3129

Maybe cut slots and fill with epoxy? Then a LED on the inside.

Zach

cb951303

very nice builds! I'm starting with 9 initial pedals in couple of months, any tips on mass pedal building?  :icon_twisted:

bipedal

Great work, Yorick -- pedals and flight case look awesome.

Was curious if anyone has suggestions for suppliers (in U.S.) for handles similar to the ones pictured with the flight case, but maybe a bit more sturdy?

I'd like to get some heavy duty carrying handles that I can mount (screw or bolt on) to the sides of my Ampeg reissue Reverberocket 2x12 combo to make it a bit easier to transport.  Haven't found any handles that looks rugged enough at my local hardware stores..  The amp is listed at 55 lbs.

Thanks,

- Jay
"I have gotten a lot of results. I know several thousand things that won't work." -T. Edison
The Happy Household; The Young Flyers; Derailleur

Valoosj

Thanks for the kind words gentlemen.

The handles are very sturdy, believe you me!

I try to sleep at night, but sometimes I just don't have the time.

Tips on mass building: try to plan ahead and do stuff like etching in big batches. Buy your stuff in bulk to keep postage cost low.

As for that spider: sorry but I won't go into detail on how to do it. Just experiment.

Since I thought no one was interested in this topic anymore I kinda forgot about it. but here it is; a big update.

Neovibe order:

Bass fuzz order:

New booster:

At the moment I have also built this thing for a friend.

For another friend I built a phase 90 with speed, depth, feedback and mix controls and an echo base.

Thanks for watching!