the building of my insane pedalboard

Started by Valoosj, November 17, 2007, 11:47:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slacker

Quote from: Valoosj on December 09, 2007, 01:48:11 PM
Still don't really get it :)

If you want to do the first AMZ opamp version with the connection to vref, you need to build the voltage divider out of the 2 10k resistors and the 10uF cap from the top of the page and combine that with the buffer by connecting both of the points marked vref together. Something like this

R2,R3 and C3 are the voltage divider, the row where they all connect is vref, then R1 connects to that row.

Hope that makes sense.

Zben3129

Quote from: slacker on December 09, 2007, 03:53:25 PM
Quote from: Valoosj on December 09, 2007, 01:48:11 PM
Still don't really get it :)

If you want to do the first AMZ opamp version with the connection to vref, you need to build the voltage divider out of the 2 10k resistors and the 10uF cap from the top of the page and combine that with the buffer by connecting both of the points marked vref together. Something like this

R2,R3 and C3 are the voltage divider, the row where they all connect is vref, then R1 connects to that row.

Hope that makes sense.

Slacker,

I could be wrong, but doesn't R3 connect 9v to ground? In order to go from 9v to ground you need to go through 2 resistors, and the point where they meet being the vref?

slacker

Yeah you're right I put the ground label in the wrong place  :icon_redface:,  I've fixed it now.

Valoosj

what about this one from cab42?

Quote from: frequencycentral
You squeezed it into a 1590A - you insane fool!  :icon_mrgreen:
Quote from: Scruffie
Well this... this is just silly... this can't fit in a 1590B... can it? And you're not even using SMD you mad man!

Valoosj

I have almost all the parts I need, so here's a little picture update.

50 Neutrik jacks, 30m mogami cable

And the parts for the FX
Well this... this is just silly... this can't fit in a 1590B... can it? And you're not even using SMD you mad man!

kurtlives

Ahh lukcy you, so much building ahead.

Have fun. Is the PCB drilled btw?
My DIY site:
www.pdfelectronics.com

Valoosj

Hey Kurtlives, good to see you here
The pcb isn't even etched yet. My ammonium persulfate hasn't arrived yet.
And I don't have that much time to build, my exams are only 4 weeks away

Zben3129

Looks good!

Likin' the breadboard on the right, always good to have!

How much did all that cost you?

Valoosj

everything that I have right now of cables, plugs, and parts for pedals is about 500-600 euros, I don't even want to know how much that is in dollars :D
I don't have everything on the pictures thought, I have parts for a BoR, some extra enclosures and 4 12ax7 tubes lying here as well.

Zben3129

Ahhhh I see. Just the enclosures and neutriks are settin ya back some haha. I recently went through the giant stocking up process as well. Wallet says ouch ;D

Just one question, are you going to use stereo jacks for the inputs? As I see only mono's there. If you need cheap stereo jacks... 35cents at the link below... Would be 4 bucks shipping aswell, and they ship worldwide! Shipping time is 1-2 weeks, but for me its worth the wait because of the prices.

http://www.futurlec.com/Audio-65mm.shtml

1 up from bottom

Zach

kurtlives

Whats happening with the volume pedal? Is it going to be active or passive?
My DIY site:
www.pdfelectronics.com

Zben3129

I believe I see IC's (Rhymes, whaddaya know) up near the head of the pedal, so active. Assuming those go with that pedal

Valoosj

I'm not going to use stereo jacks as I don't see the advantage of those. I haven't been using batteries since 3 years. Once all the pedals are finished and my wallet has healed I'm building a flightcase for all of them. I already have the power supply (one spot and some others for the tube screamer).

The volume pedal will be active, I thought it to weird to just work with a single pot, so I looked around for an active volume pedal. So the ICs do go with the pedal.

Valoosj

Change of buffer, I don't have the etchant yet, so I made a stripboard layout of the AMZ Jfet buffer. Bases on Markm's layout. It should be correct.

Building this sucker as you read...

Valoosj

I finished the A/B with AMZ buffer.

On the breadbord you see the MayQueen, with gain control.
I still don't have the etchant in, so I opened up my Noisy Cricket to add a little 2" 3watt 8Ohm speaker. The sound isn't too great, but I think that's due to it's size.
I'll show some pics of that tomorrow, right now the glue has to dry.

Valoosj

It doesn't sound great with the small speaker, but it's purpose is just to test my DIY pedals.
With a bigger speaker it sounds better, but the tone control doesn't do much. Maybe I'll try and improve it myself once this stuff is all finished.
Better tone control, built in overdrive (probably the MayQueen) and a bigger speaker.

Valoosj

Finally got round to working on this stuff again.

SHO clone, boutique Box of Rock and a volume pedal.

Progress report:

Troubleshooting
Volumepedal

On board ready

SHO
Boutique Box of Rock

Etched and drilled

Tremulus lune
Thor

To print and iron

Real Tube Screamer
MayQueen
Payback
Neovibe
Ross Phaser
2nd SHO

On Auke Haarsma's drawing board

Delay

kurtlives

Looking good.

I have heard so much about this SHO what is it?
My DIY site:
www.pdfelectronics.com

Valoosj

Valoosj