Still don't really get it :)

Is this ok for the right version?

the vr is just half the supply voltage
9v+ supply voltage
4.5v+ voltage reference (vr or vref)

one getting 4.5v is by doing this
Open Your Mouth, Heres Your Money

Valoosj

Haha, thanks, but the buffer is long built ;)

Here's some mojo for the board. These parts come from Dragonfly, to build his mean fuzz.

Quote from: frequencycentral
You squeezed it into a 1590A - you insane fool!  :icon_mrgreen:
Quote from: Scruffie
Well this... this is just silly... this can't fit in a 1590B... can it? And you're not even using SMD you mad man!

Valoosj

Tremulus Lune and volumepedal in action!

Click on the picture.
Well this... this is just silly... this can't fit in a 1590B... can it? And you're not even using SMD you mad man!

Valoosj

Current situation, I got a new board to put this all on (temporarely)
Next step will be the big case with everything tucked away neatly.

[/quote]

Valoosj

Nobody seems to like my playing  :huh:

Some new stuff.
NOS Fuzz

Etched housing for my tubescreamer with the blue tube.

The Tremulus Lune

Some supplies for the pedalboard itself.

Mighty Bright LED lights with a flexible neck, for when the stage is very dark.

A boutique Fuzz Face kind of clone, designed by Dragonfly

My supplies came in after 2 weeks of waiting.

Then I started on that Fuzz you just saw, and a looper pedal, still debuggin that sucker, but it should turn out to be something like the Zvex Lo Fi Loop Junky

I'm already thinking of sanding this down, and making a very cool swirl housing. (I damaged the paint while working on some stuff)

And finally, a sneak peek at my next project...

I'm going to build this from scratch.

One more: Green Russian Big Muff Pi

greigoroth

Damn that's a lot of cool stuff (and hard work!)
Built: GGG Green Ringer

Arn C.

Valoosj

I like the blue light around the base of the trem lune.  How did you do this?

Peace!
Arn C.

Valoosj

It sure is! I really should update this though.
The blue led is done with a piece of plexiglas. The lfo LED is inserted in it (by drilling a hole in the plexi).
You do have to sand down the edge of the bottom plate. I'll show the technique next week or so, when I finish the super custom tremulus lune somebody ordered.

Ok, on to the pedals.
Last week the looper worked for 5 minutes, right now I'm back to debugging it, something went wrong and I don't know what.

My Big Muff is finished!

I can only say one thing on this pedal: SUPERB!

A new tubescreamer in the making. The same as the one that I already have.

And a Boutique Box of Rock, this time for myself.

This weekend I started out with the ross phaser that will go on my second and much smaller board.
It's not finished yet as I am missing a pot and a switch to complete it.

My impromptu work place of last weekend.

Very important when soldering, that little wet spongue!

A couple of nights ago I breadboarded that Dragonfly fuzz again, this time without a trimmer, but with a 390 Ohm resistor. The sound is much better.
As a special bonus I'm adding an octave up to the pedal, which can be switched on/off with a toggle.
The second picture is a film if you click on it.

Then there is the MayQueen, which I just finished an hour ago.

And 2 video's, first is single coil, second is humbucker pickup. Both on bridge position.

I think it's a good sound for that old rock and roll  B)

I also realised I need to spend more time playing, less time building.

Let's hear your say on this update!

snoof

http://"http//s69.photobucket.com/albums/i45/Valoosj/?action=view&current=MOV01573-1.flv%22

reformat your links^^^^^

when i got the link straightened out, it says "private"...

Valoosj

Ok, here's another try.

MayQueen 1 and 2

Octave fuzz

ACS

Mate, this is a very cool and quite compelling history!!  Well done indeed, your pedals all look - and sound - great

Curious as to why you didn't build your own talkbox though?  This is one of the easiest builds you'll ever get!!

And go the DIY guitar man - you will never regret doing that!!  I built this one from scratch a couple of years back - and it's far and away my favourite of all of my guitars :)

Paul Marossy

Wow, Valoosj, you are hardcore dude! I like the graphics on your pedals, very cool.  :icon_surprised:

Valoosj

Thanks men.
The DIY talkbox seems difficult to me, since you have to get the right driver, and then the enclosure. That would be a PITA.
Nice guitar that you hav built. I'm already looking forward to my Les Paul. I also had a practice round with the building of guitars though.

Befor

After

geertjacobs

Very nice work on the G&L!
G&Ls are nice. Our guitar player uses a Legacy and I have a Korean Tribute s500.

BTW if you ever build your Les Paul, I'd like to know where you source your parts (in or close to Belgium?).
I'm thinking of doing a LP Junior one day (in the not so near future :icon_rolleyes: ).

tehfunk

that is some great work you've done there... couple of questions.

where did you get those long shaft potentiometers? what model and make are they?

when you put the circuit boards in the "B" boxes how do you keep the components from shorting? Do you have to protect both sides or just the solder side of the board?

Thanks, and good luck!
Carvin CT6M > diystompboxes.com > JCM800 4010

The tools of the artist give you a chance to twist and bend the laws of nature and to cut-up and reshape the fabric of reality - John Frusciante

Valoosj

Thanks

Those long shaft (black) ones on my breaboard? They're cheap plastic ones from a local store here. I don't use them in any circuit, only good for testing.
I use duct tape if it is necessary, and a sheet of cardboard on the bottom lid.

tehfunk

Which side do you duct tape? Also, I know you have to protect solder side from shorting but can the top side of the board short? Like can the tops of the electrolytics cause shorts if they are touching metal? Thanks!

The tools of the artist give you a chance to twist and bend the laws of nature and to cut-up and reshape the fabric of reality - John Frusciante

Valoosj

I duct tape whichever side is necessary. The top could short if you have any components that might touch the sides.

Here's my Box of Rock

fluoreszenz

Quote from: Valoosj on February 27, 2008, 05:07:22 PM

Etched housing for my tubescreamer with the blue tube.

Valoosj, that's an amazing project.  8) Is that ferric chloride you are using for that etch ^^?

Would you mind sharing some details on etching time and the resistive layer, is that PnP or some photopaper?

The BOR is my next project, too.i really like yours, dig the etch and "Box of Rock"-font!  :)

tehfunk

Wow! I really love your box of rock, and I am amazed how you fit it all in there.