Signal splitter

Started by Shimmy, November 19, 2007, 09:15:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shimmy

Hi, first post, please be nice!

I am looking for a schematic or advice on how to split the guitar input into 2 or more leads, I want to run something in parallel and sum it together at the end.

d95err

A simple Y-cord will probably work fine, as long as you're just using stompboxes. The problems (ground loops) start if you're running the signal into two different devices (e.g. amps) that are connected to the mains voltage. For best results, put a buffer (or buffered bypass pedal) infront of the split.

At least, try the Y-cord first and see if it works. If you get hum problems, look for a more complex solution.

Shimmy

It is going to be split internally in the pedal into some filters, I am wondering how a vocoder does it?

frokost

Pushtone

There is the one box solution as posted at ROG. That system blends an effect with "clean".
Check out "ANY MACHINE's" gallery, he has a wicked dual loop version of the ROG Splitter Blender.

If your after blending two or more effects together....
The Slitter buffer info is on the AMZ Lab Notes page.
On the other end a simple passive resistance mixer. I think there is one at GGG.
DOD makes a stompbox sized mixer for around $70.00
This arrangement, with a splitter box and a mixer box, would be good for a four way parallel split.

Sorry no layouts for this, only schematics at the pages above, but it would be easy to perf.

Good luck
It's time to buy a gun. That's what I've been thinking.
Maybe I can afford one, if I do a little less drinking. - Fred Eaglesmith