Author Topic: starting up!  (Read 3708 times)

aleos

starting up!
« on: November 29, 2007, 06:49:08 PM »
my first post. yeah!

I've done my homework for the last two months, and on sunday built my own stratoblaster booster with a little help from the kit over at guitar gadgets. It works and I'm totally flying high. Excited to get down to more building.

In montreal here we have a huge wholsale place where componants are dirt cheap, I'd like to start building from simply the schematics. I can hazily read a schematic, slowly and with a referance, but my question is;

Is there any "tricks", or tips any one can give me to start the process of translating a schematic into a perfboard layout?
I don't even know where to begin. I don't want to buy kits and I feel like I can work my way through anything, except, where the hell to start with the perfboard?

anytexts even or websites?

thanks guys.

aron

Re: starting up!
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2007, 07:42:44 PM »
Read this forums threads (the ones that are numbered). It takes you through the process of schematic to layout.

Good Luck!

cloutier

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2008, 11:37:04 PM »
Where is that wholesale place with dirt cheap components in Montreal?
Thanks,
Marc

AceLuby

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2008, 01:50:10 PM »
My biggest lightbulb moment was when I realized that the schem IS the perfboard layout...

What I mean is that the sign for the resistor is a squigly line, well the two ends ARE the ends of the resistor.  Resistor has 3 prongs... 3 'ends' on the schem... and so on through all the components.

I would at least walk through the beginner project.  After that I could easily read a schem and am now building two builds w/ some mods of my own (a sparkle boost w/ a tone control and the DOD 250 w/ a dist softener control, hopefully small bear will send me my stuff...)