Boss GE-7 "sniper" mod???

Started by pupina, December 11, 2007, 06:11:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pupina

Hi there, I'd like to start by saying that:
I'm sorry that I can only ask questions rather than contributing to the forum and answering questions or posting  new project or ideas as I'm not very fluent in English when talking about these specific topics...(so I'd just like to thank to my  English friend Sarah...who sometimes helps me).
I've just bought on ebay a Boss GE-7 Taiwanese model and I'd like to modify my unit by myself  to the famous "sniper" mode...does anyone know how to do it??
I mean, which components do I need to change according to the specific numbering of my PCB?

Any other detailed advice on possible hi-fi mods on this pedal would be much appreciated!!!

Thanks in advance, Pupina (aka Carlo)

pupina

Very useful thanks....anyway I'd like to know about the "sniper" mod...

jonathan perez

from what i gather based on information found on google, the link provided may well prove to be better in sound quality.
no longer the battle of midway...(i left that band)...

i hate signatures with gear lists/crap for sale....

i am a wah pervert...ask away...

pupina

dap9

I bought the Monte Allums kit and I have to say that I definitely notice a slight difference.  Overall, I'd say it's worht the $$.  The directions were clear and relatively easy to do if you have some basic soldering skills.  The only thing is I wish it came w/ sockets for the opamps.  Not that I know what a better option would be - but just in case, i've since learned that sockets make things easier if you ever want to try different opamps.  But Radio Shack sells them cheap enough so i'd recommend getting at least 4 of them before doing the MA kit.