"Kill Dry" mod for Boss HR-2 Harmonist. Anyone?

Started by Fuzz, December 12, 2007, 06:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fuzz

Just want to add the option to silence the dry signal when I just want to hear the processed ("detuned") one. Can't find the schemo and that double face smd board is quite difficult to trace out. Has anyone ever seen something like this floating around? Any idea? And (why not trying) what about the schematic?

Thanks
Fabio
"...the day I tried to win, I wallowed in the blood and mud with all the other pigs..."

Processaurus

I bet the pedal mixes the dry and wet signals in an analog fashion, so it should be doable.  Unfortunately boss just raised their prices on service manuals to $35.  You might take a look around and see if someone else sells the schematic.  Haven't seen it offered for free.

You know, though, I bet you could just trace back from the wiper of the mix pot to find where the dry is getting mixed with the balance of the A and B harmonies.

Processaurus

Hey, have you tried putting other things besides clean guitar in the detector input? I bet it would really sound weird putting a mic in there, or vise versa (mic in the input, guitar in the detector input).

Fuzz

Good one. Yesterday I only tried to trace back the signal starting from the output jacks; I'm going to do it again just like you suggest (mix pots). And no...never done "strange experiments" with the Detector In...

Fabio
"...the day I tried to win, I wallowed in the blood and mud with all the other pigs..."