Problem with new Fuzz and Deja 'Vibe together! Please Help!

Started by coyoteboy, September 19, 2003, 01:11:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coyoteboy

Hello all! I recently bought 2 new pedals: a Fulltone Deja 'Vibe and a Mojo Fuzz (Aramat Effects). They both sound GREAT (individually). But when I use the Fuzz with the Vibe it's completely (unusably) squashed! It's the weirdest damn thing.... The Vibe sounds great with my Tube Screamer though, it's just with the fuzz (which is another clone: germaniums & such). The owner of Aramat said I might have that problem w/any Fuzz! Ya right! Fuzz with Univibe is a CLASSIC combo (check out the Captain Coconuts... vibe anf fuzz in one)! What the Hell?
Any insight would be greatly appreciated!
-thanks
- Brandon :shock:

petemoore

have you tried using a battery for one then the other?
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

Marcos - Munky

Try to use one of this setups:
guitar>dejavibe>fuzz>amp
guitar>fuzz>dejavibe>amp

Gus

The classic FF circuit "wants" to see the guitar first.  My guess is that you used the fuzz before the TS and it was OK,  and the Fuzz after the Vibe caused the problem.

This happens with whas as well.   The 69 petal has an input r to give a low output Z effect a higher output Z so it will work with Whas etc.  Doug H. has a Wha mod you might want to look at.

Maybe a 10k in series with the output jack of the vibe would help.

coyoteboy

I've tried Guitar>Fuzz>Vibe>Amp... same thing. Haven't tried them w/batteries yet though. Checked out Mike Fuller's pedal board (www.fulltone.com). He runs into his Wah first, then univbe, then '70 fuzz pedal... Bummer, I love the sound of the Mojo Fuzz and I don't want to have to return it, but if it doesn't work w/my setup all have to...
-coyote