Boss CS-3 Schematic Redrawn

Started by Incubus, December 30, 2007, 12:52:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Incubus

I've redrawn the scan of the CS-3 schematic that I have. I'm not the person who originally drew the circuit diagram, so all credit to him. I've just cleaned it up. If there are any errors in the original, then they are also in mine but it seems to be correct. If I've left anything out, it's because it was left out of the original scan.

The link is:

http://img17.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=36972_Boss_CS-3_122_610lo.jpg

But I'll try including the pic in this post......hopefully it'll work.

Sava

Very good but missing D6 and resistor 10 Kohm from Q8 to Q7.

Incubus

I had a look at my CS-3 and added D6.....thanks for that.

The 10k resistor you mentioned from Q8 to Q7 is already there. It's running from the source of Q7 to ground. The emitter of Q8 is also connected to ground.

I've made the change and the pic is here:

http://img212.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=82569_Boss_CS-3_122_527lo.jpg

If you notice anything else which is incorrect, please let me know.

miqbal

If you could post both hi-resolution image of top and bottom side of your CS-3 pcb, I would love to reserve engineered it for you..
M. IqbaL
Jakarta

ayayay!

I haven't looked at it yet, but thanks anyway.   ;D  (My work blocked the link)  I'll take a look at it later. 
The people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Incubus

I would post hi res pics, but I haven't got a digital camera.

I'll have one soon though, coz Kiss are coming in March to play at the Formula 1 Grand Prix.

Just thought I'd throw that in.

Sava

Resistor between pins 1 and 2 on IC 2a is 33 KOhm, not 30 KOhm.

chris1001

Deleted.

Incubus

The link still works from here dude.

ayayay!

Sorry to bump an oldie but goody, but Incubus gave me the OK and I added the part numbers and notes.  I've double checked it and everything should be correct.  I also found another hand drawn incomplete one out there that has at least one part labeled incorrectly. 

Please feel free to check for errors and I'll fix them!

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3277/2371510004_63132d9b22_b.jpg

The people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

thehallofshields

Could anyone add the wire colors to this schematic? Several of mine snagged loose.

I'm guessing the input jack goes something like:

Tip: Brown #18
Ring: Black & Yellow
Sleeve: White (from on/off switch) & Grey.

If not, a good gut-shot of the jacks would help.

Fredenando

jigar_pankhania

May I try to simulate? Is it worth my time?
Can I have your mailing address? I'm working on this boss cs-3. I just want to know this idea is working or not?
Sir, please reply me as soon as possible.

Fatcrunch

Quote from: thehallofshields on January 06, 2011, 03:30:17 PM
Could anyone add the wire colors to this schematic? Several of mine snagged loose.

I'm guessing the input jack goes something like:

Tip: Brown #18
Ring: Black & Yellow
Sleeve: White (from on/off switch) & Grey.

If not, a good gut-shot of the jacks would help.

Here, i know it's an old thread, but why not make it complete. Mine is CS-3 MIJ.

GGBB

That will probably help others as well - so thanks. Also note that the original schematics (which are easy to find) note the wire connection numbers printed on the PCB. It may be better to use that in case wire colours are different and also in case there are PCB variations (which normally would be noted with a version number on the schematic and the PCB).
  • SUPPORTER

roseblood11

A version without the FET-switching would be great.
I'd try to make a veroboard layout