Let's see those pedalboards!!

Started by DanielWong, January 04, 2008, 11:42:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taylor

In my signature is the link to my website and the original threads. But it's fine, not a big deal. I just hope they're paying Tom Wiltshire his royalty fees.

pickdropper

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on October 28, 2013, 12:36:47 PM
Quote from: pickdropper on July 26, 2013, 09:07:18 AM
FWIW, one of them is the MN3005, one is v3205.

Do you have an opinion on the differences? I have some v3205s that I want to use and I am in need of a delay currently.  :-\

Would value your input and/or recommendations...  ;)

Well, everybody seems to hate the v3205s and love the MN3005s.  I must be the only person that has had two problem-free v3205 builds.

But here are my notes/opinions:

1.)  Biasing the v3205 (at 9V) is MUCH harder than biasing the MN3005 (at 15V).  I thought each build was broken...until it wasn't. 

2.)  Once the bias is good, the v3205 actually sound pretty good.  The MN3005 have slightly more headroom, but the DMM isn't the cleanest delay anyway.

Overall, I don't think the v3205 sound bad.  If you have MN3005, build with those, but don't give up the effect just because you need to build it with v3205.

alanp

Currently using this. Put the trogg (Cavedweller) in purely to connect two patch cables originally, but it's a brilliant little ambient delay in it's own right. The 40% is a Cosmopolitan with a MP38A, and the one next to it is a LaVache (love that OD, love it to pieces.)

pickdropper

stallik

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein

noobamp

yeah man....that's freaking awesome....i've been thinking about putting together a 1590a pedalboard as well.....
nothing like the smell of hot Bovie in the morning....

therealfindo

Quote from: pickdropper on November 18, 2013, 10:28:09 AM
New PedalTrain Nano

Wow! Very nice!!

There's talk of a FabLab opening up in town, so maybe I can get into laser etching eventually, looks so good!

Hexjibber

bluebunny

Quote from: pickdropper on November 18, 2013, 10:28:09 AM
New PedalTrain Nano

Aw!  That is more cute than a widdle fwuffy bunny!   :icon_biggrin:
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

deadastronaut

https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

TG Flatline

smurfedelic smurfberry

Don't get me wrong, but that's both impressive and a little disturbingly good well made.

I don't have a pedal board, they just sit in on a shelf unconnected. ;Maybe I'll take a picture.

Hi! My name is Petter and I'm from Sweden. This is my blog: http://ptelectronics.tumblr.com

Fender3D

Quote from: smurfedelic smurfberry on November 19, 2013, 10:47:15 AM
I don't have a pedal board, they just sit in on a shelf unconnected.

The sweedish long legged man for sure...
"NOT FLAMMABLE" is not a challenge

pickdropper

Thanks guys.  I appreciate all the positive vibes.

G. Hoffman

I put this together pretty roughly, mostly because I had some things I wanted to play around with while fixing my good amps.  The signal chain goes; Strobostomp, Wah (which is doing some funky things, and I'm going to need to do some work on it, but it is true bypass so I just leave it turned off), then into the big black MIDI Switcher (Jim Kim's Looper), which is for the (in order) Orange Squeezer, SHO, Big Muff Pi, and the Tremulus Loon (the other four functions on the looper are set up for my Leslie and some things on my amp, which I'm not using right now).  After the Looper, it goes into the Turbo Overdrive, the volume pedal, the Boss Loop Station (RC-20XL), and then the TC Electronic Chorus/Flanger turns things into Stereo for the delays.  The DD-20 is doing pretty clean standard rhythmic delays (quarter notes, dotted eighths, etc.), then the Carbon Copy is on the left side and the DM-3 on the right (slightly different times on them, so the stereo image is a bit chaotic, and if you then turn on the modulation on the Carbon Copy, well, it sounds pretty cool, but I'm still playing around with it).  The Timeline does all the chaotic, distorted, and damaged delays that it does so darn well (I do love the Ice and Lo-Fi settings!)  That will, whenever I get around to playing with it, also provide another way to do loops.  After the Timeline, it goes into a stereo Tiny Giant amp (the two sides of which are pretty seriously out of balance, but I never need it at full volume anyway, so....)  Power is coming from a Voodoo Labs Pedal Power 2+ and a Pedal Power Iso-5, so everything is dead quiet.   :)  I'm probably going to build a little 5 switch MIDI CC# board to run the Timeline's looper in the next week, using a Highly Liquid MIDI CPU to make it easy. 

Gabriel

pickdropper

That's nice.  I like the riser in the back section.

Ben N

Very nice board, G. I'd love to see a demo. Do you have anything running as a clean preamp, or are your running bare-naked clean into the TGs?
  • SUPPORTER

G. Hoffman

Quote from: Ben N on November 24, 2013, 11:38:16 AMVery nice board, G. I'd love to see a demo. Do you have anything running as a clean preamp, or are your running bare-naked clean into the TGs?

I'm still just starting to figure it out, so no demo. Of course, all those Boss effects have buffers, but other than that it is straight to the TGs.  So far, though, I've always got at least the SHO or the compressor going (if not both!)  I'm probably going to have to come up with a preamp of some sort if I don't get my tube amps going soon, though, as the dry signal is pretty weak.  

Gabriel

G. Hoffman

Quote from: Ben N on November 24, 2013, 11:38:16 AM
Very nice board, G. I'd love to see a demo. Do you have anything running as a clean preamp, or are your running bare-naked clean into the TGs?

I gotta say, though, the Tiny Giant is one heck of a nice sounding clean amp, for those really pristine bright cleans that transistors can occasionally pull off!  I spent a couple hours playing around after I sent my nephews home  tonight (we watched the Doctor Who 50th special, which was Fantastic!!!!), and that puny little amp does take effects and the build up of delays really nice.  And stacking all those delays sounds HUGE!!!!!!

Gabriel

p_wats

Wow...there are some great boards in this thread. I'm jealous of the minis. Here's what I'm using as of this weekend: