Let's see those pedalboards!!

Started by DanielWong, January 04, 2008, 11:42:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bernardduur

Quote from: nooneknows on January 06, 2008, 09:43:40 AM
Bernardduur, are you confortable with the pedals horizontally placed?
Knowing myself, I think on stage I'd kick everything but the right pedal... :)

Everything I use a lot is placed on the underside so it is easy for me to find! The rest I can find when I need em :)

The HotTUbes is btw replaced by a MicroSynth; pic is a bit outdated
Am learning something new every day here

SquareLight | MySpace account

cloudscapes

Quote from: ambulancevoice on January 06, 2008, 12:45:18 AM
you make noise dont you???
i can tell by the frostwave, 4ms pedal, circuit bent casio sk1, one of those instruments like the "something" organ (with the connection points and sh*t) the mixer (with use of the aux send) and the mid-fi elec glitch computer

haha, I do noise from time to time, but mostly I orbit around ambient/electroacoustic/phychadelic
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
{DIY blog}
{www.dronecloud.org}

nooneknows

I've just finished to build the new supply cables, then this is my pedalboard 'updated'. I ran a test and it is super, every sound I need is there.

BTW, I noticed that if I engage the Compressor in to the Red Snapper (is similar to a boss SD-1) then in to the DS-1 (both with little distorsion)  I obtain an interesting Fuzz Face-like tone, has anyone noticed it?

Rodgre

Quote from: Valoosj on January 05, 2008, 05:48:23 PM
Quote from: Rodgre on January 05, 2008, 10:44:47 AM

Nice geetar  ;D

Thanks Valoosj. That's my baby. I have three frankenstein Jazzmasters (all with Strat necks!) and this one is my favorite.

Quote from: cloudscapes on January 05, 2008, 09:05:39 PM

Okay, please tell us. What the heck is Hazerai!?  Very nice collection, by the way. What are the two pedals in front of and behind the Memory Man? (the Sonic Alienator? and the other one  under the shelf next to the MXR EQ). I'm very jealous of your Z-Vex Ringtone.

Roger

Roger

cloudscapes

Quote from: Rodgre on January 06, 2008, 12:47:12 PM
Okay, please tell us. What the heck is Hazerai!?  Very nice collection, by the way. What are the two pedals in front of and behind the Memory Man? (the Sonic Alienator? and the other one  under the shelf next to the MXR EQ). I'm very jealous of your Z-Vex Ringtone.

I have no idea where hazarai came from. :) the knob itself is used to switch through delay modes, and pushed to save a preset. nothing too special.

the two pedals under the mixer left to right. a bent DOD DFX94 in its new enclosure, and a mid-fi glitch computer. insanity!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
{DIY blog}
{www.dronecloud.org}

Rodgre

Quote from: cloudscapes on January 06, 2008, 02:04:52 PM
Quote from: Rodgre on January 06, 2008, 12:47:12 PM

I have no idea where hazarai came from. :) the knob itself is used to switch through delay modes, and pushed to save a preset. nothing too special.

the two pedals under the mixer left to right. a bent DOD DFX94 in its new enclosure, and a mid-fi glitch computer. insanity!

Whoah, I think I missed the biggest deal in that whole photo. You've got a Prophet 08]=http://www.davesmithinstruments.com/]Prophet 08! Holy mother of all things analog! Do tell. (but tell in the Lounge, so we don't veer off topic.)

Roger

exhausted

"hazarai" is yiddish for, basically, "the works, all the bells and whistles etc.".  that's how they explained it on a demo vid i saw.

Valoosj

Quote from: frequencycentral
You squeezed it into a 1590A - you insane fool!  :icon_mrgreen:
Quote from: Scruffie
Well this... this is just silly... this can't fit in a 1590B... can it? And you're not even using SMD you mad man!

mattpas

This is the current line-up of pedals I made:

Red - BSIAB II

Blue - Marshall Bluesbreaker

Apple Green - TS-808 with diode toggle switch

Orange - Phase 45

Dark Green - Big Muff Pi Russian Version

White - Big Muff Pi Triangle Version

Silver - Fuzz Face (Germanium Transistors)

Burgandy - Tremolo

I am currently working on two different overdrives and three different versions of the MXR Distortion+

MarcoMike

here is mine, not finished yet (reason of the side-view ;))

the first half of it, the grey pedal (red llama) is actually on the other side now and a LPB took its place.

Only those who attempt the absurd will achieve the impossible.

Mark Hammer

Quote from: exhausted on January 06, 2008, 03:24:06 PM
"hazarai" is yiddish for, basically, "the works, all the bells and whistles etc.".  that's how they explained it on a demo vid i saw.
That definition is a bit off, even though I realize it's what Mike Matthews said.

In Yiddish, a "chazer" (or "hah-zrr" if you can't pronounce the "ch") is a pig.  Hazerai or Chazerai, is all the stuff you'd haphazardly throw together to feed a pig, and has come to be used in several ways.  One is that it is cheap crap, as in "I bought one of those lawn furniture sets they had on sale the other day.  Complete and utter hazerai!".  Another use, which is not quite as dismissive, is to refer to a big pile of undifferentiated stuff, as in "She opens up her purse and turns it over, and this tsunami of chazerai comes tumbling out".  My sense is that the term was used for the Stereo Memory Man to essentially refer, tongue-in-cheek, to a whole bunch of settings, modes, and "stuff" that is all packed away under that one switch/knob, not unlike the junk drawer you may have in your desk or the kitchen drawer that has odd cutlery, phone bills, string and elastics, and pencils with no eraser.  You know, chazerai. :icon_wink:

petemoore

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/petemoore/MKIIPedalboard003.jpg
  There is was, the frame and a few boxes that are shown are still on there.
  I like the two-tier 'step' frame, and the ease with which I can reach the pedals...notice the PP2 supply.
  I have another one a lot like this one...which has the Spyder in the center/back/ lower portion.
  I find that a 1/2 x 3'' board [fairly hardwood] makes for easily screw mounting 4 screw type box bottoms, raco boxes...most anything else...the wah...I spaced the front and back boards [which go from Left to right] a little less deep than the wah so the wah could be mounted securely..metal plates span past the mount board by a bit, this lets me use the original wah foot-screws [without the rubber feet] and get good amount of thread turns into the wah case.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

arma61

sorry O.T

Quote from: Mark Hammer on April 03, 2008, 01:20:37 PM
or the kitchen drawer that has odd cutlery, phone bills, string and elastics, and pencils with no eraser.  You know, chazerai. :icon_wink:
the world is the same wherever you go! ahahahahahah  :D
"it's a matter of objectives. If you don't know where you want to go, any direction is about as good as any other." R.G. Keen

Processaurus

Quote from: MarcoMike on April 03, 2008, 12:58:35 PM

I love your sense of design!  That Kiwi one is off the hook.  I wonder if you can get brown astro turf for the skin?

blanik

i already posted this in OT but it would have been better in this section....

i'm almost finished with my "lightweight/travel/low-energy/compact/can find power anywhere/but without compromise on the tone" pedalboard   

it's a DT-10 ---) double fixed JEN wah ---) highly modded Hotcook   ---) Rebote 2.5 ---) amp

the only gas guzzler in here is the DT-10 wich i wanted to mod to true bypass including a power off switching but in buffer mode it sucks less than 10 mA so i can live with it and a buffer is always good, all LEDs are hi-brite with a 20k to save battery power
i also added a 5k pot to my rebote 2.5 to fine tune the endless repeats so they don't go out of control (a fixed resistor works only on one delay setting, if you go for a slapback setting the oscillations end up sounding like your speaker is ripping out so i made it adjustable)

the mini-switch is actually the true-bypass of the effect but since it's always on, the switch is there i case of a live IC failiure, the 3PDT switches between two drive pots, one set for cleanish boost, the lower one (which lights the LED) for all out distortion (which is good thanks to lowering C3 to 2.2, C1 to 0.0039uF and C7 to 0.022uF   ) chip was changed to 5534 without a noticeable increase in current draw (there's a spare IC under the black tape, left of the 3PDT)

The wah is a JEN wah with two lin pots, one set on a low growl and one on a higher sound, left switch chooses between pots, the right is the bypass, lights go off when the unit is bypassed

i found these at the electronics supply store, you can put 6 C cells or 6 AA cells in the smaller one, for 9V (not shown, i also have a 4 X 9V battery holder) with these low powered effects i should get a lot of mileage out of these...lol  and they connect through a 9V snap

a typical Energizer 9V gives 625 mA/hours (which means if the pedalboard draws 30mA (a rough estimate i made for my pedalboard, i can't measure it now my DMM is only 10A), 625 / 30 = 20 hours ...! of course the pedals will stop working at around 5-6V so it wouldn't last 20 hours, but with a couple in parallel it should run for a while)

a single AA gives 2850 mA/hours

and a C gives a whooping 8350 mA/hours !!

gutsofgold

Gila_Crisis

this is my main pedalboard:

top left there's a tremulus lune, top middle DIY-box there's usually a "secondary fuzz" pedal (which can be a opamp big muff, a foxx tone machine or zvex fuzzes clones or whatever, just depending on the mood) , the sunny stompbox at the bottom is my might DIY big Muff (a mix of triangle and ram's head muff)
whammy > micro pog > korg tuner > "secondary fuzz" > Big Muff > small stone > tremulus lune > Deluxe Memory man > Vox Wahwah (modded)

and here some more stuff:

MarcoMike

Quote from: Processaurus on April 03, 2008, 06:13:24 PM
I love your sense of design!  That Kiwi one is off the hook.  I wonder if you can get brown astro turf for the skin?

I had to look on the urban dictionary to get "off the hook"....Thank you!!  ;D

I don't know about astro turf, that would be super cool... I used acrilic paint on mine, giving some kind of orange/kiwi-skin look by patting the brush on the surface
Only those who attempt the absurd will achieve the impossible.

kawayanstrat

Here's mine.

Behringer tuner-->Boss OC-2-->BSIAB2(low gain)-->ZDC(dumble like ;) )-->Dr.Boogey-->Micro Jfet booster-->CE-2 Clone-->DOD DFX94
and a custom PSU.

Pushtone

Interesting write up about building a custom PB.

http://www.herby.kielce.pl/~piter/hexenew2/ie.php?c=fbd2_e&l=custom_e

I think I've seen this fellows work in the Pictures thread.
It's time to buy a gun. That's what I've been thinking.
Maybe I can afford one, if I do a little less drinking. - Fred Eaglesmith