Let's see those pedalboards!!

Started by DanielWong, January 04, 2008, 11:42:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

petemoore

Cloudscapes, about the two different looking Memory Man's, [otherwise] how different are they ?
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

ayayay!

QuoteCool board! I noticed that your Dyna Comp has a green LED and different knobs. Is it internally modded too? I'm thinking of doing some tweaks on mine...

Hey Moritz!  I work with guy that's the worlds biggest Ohio State fan and he named his 130 pound Bernese Mountain Dog Moritz... anyway...

The Dyna Comp has my own mods in it (and the LED's blue.)   I had to use different knobs on it because the shaft of the reverse taper pot I put in on the Sustain side was slightly larger, thereby requiring knobs that fit!  Kind a pain honestly to have had to do it.  Some guys recommended I do the reverse taper but I'm not crazy about it. 
The people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

kawayanstrat

Here's my current pedalboard.

Guitar-->tuner-->Ross Comp clone(swirl)-->Boss OC-2-->BSIAB(modded to have low gain)-->Zendrive clone-->Cruchbox clone-->Fet booster-->Tonepad CE2-->DOD DFX94-->Amp

sean k

Is this a pedal board?
Synth stick oscillators, TMK (too many knobs), both by the venerable Tim Escobedo , and Happy Bobs rangemaster and fuzzface.

It's a start.
Monkey see, monkey do.
Http://artyone.bolgtown.co.nz/

pott

moritz

Quote from: ayayay! on August 02, 2008, 08:33:52 PM
QuoteCool board! I noticed that your Dyna Comp has a green LED and different knobs. Is it internally modded too? I'm thinking of doing some tweaks on mine...

Hey Moritz!  I work with guy that's the worlds biggest Ohio State fan and he named his 130 pound Bernese Mountain Dog Moritz... anyway...

The Dyna Comp has my own mods in it (and the LED's blue.)   I had to use different knobs on it because the shaft of the reverse taper pot I put in on the Sustain side was slightly larger, thereby requiring knobs that fit!  Kind a pain honestly to have had to do it.  Some guys recommended I do the reverse taper but I'm not crazy about it. 

Cool, Thanks!  :icon_cool:

ambulancevoice

hey Pierre, whats the black pedal between the big muff and the power grid?
Open Your Mouth, Heres Your Money

kawayanstrat

Quote from: ambulancevoice on August 04, 2008, 12:37:48 PM
hey Pierre, whats the black pedal between the big muff and the power grid?
I'll answer that. It's a Korg Pitch Black tuner!

jimbob

B of H- What kind/type of orange paint was it that you used for the dual loop*(diy)?
"I think somebody should come up with a way to breed a very large shrimp. That way, you could ride him, then after you camped at night, you could eat him. How about it, science?"

ayayay!

Pott that's a very cool collection.  Can you tell me more about those subdecay pedals?  Looks like that setup has just about any flavor of distortion handy.   ;D  I don't think I've seen that Seymour Duncan pedal before.  Man where have I been???
The people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Andre

Here's mine.
It's still a bit sandy. We had a gig on the beach last Saturday

selectortone

Here's mine. The only non home-made ones now are the Boss tuner and the Option 5 Destination Rotation Single.

The little box in the top l/h corner is 9v distribution with on/off and a bit of filtering (supplied from a separate 9v 1.5A PSU I keep out of the way behind my amp)

The chain is TU-2>DynaComp/Janglebox>Uni-Vibe clone (re-housed/true-bypassed Dano Chicken Salad)>Tubescreamer/Lovepedal Eternity>Big Muff Pi >EA Tremolo>Option5>Rebote 2.5 Delay (with dual controls for a switchable slow and fast delay)

selectortone

DougH

Wow, beautiful work!

What is in your "janglebox" circuit?
"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you."

selectortone

Quote from: DougH on August 05, 2008, 07:08:04 AM
Wow, beautiful work!

What is in your "janglebox" circuit?

Thanks!

I got this mod from the site that isn't mentioned here.

The Janglebox is just a tweaked DynaComp - in a DynaComp the circuit adds hi frequency pre-emphasis before the CA3080 and de-emphasis after it as a way of minimising the noise inherent in the way this circuit works. To get the hi-frequency 'jangle' don't filter out the pre-emphasis after the op-amp.

Find the 150k resistor at the output of the CA 3080 and remove the capacitor which is connected in parallel (typically 1nF) to this resistor and bingo - instant jangle.

I've made that cap switchable on my pedal so I've got a standard DynaComp with it in the circuit and the bright setting of the Janglebox with it switched out.

My thanks go to Analogguru for this mod (and for all the other stuff he shares with us mere mortals).

edit: 'just a tweaked DynaComp' is a bit harsh - perhaps I should have said 'a novel take on CA3080-based compressor circuits'....

pott

Quote from: ayayay! on August 04, 2008, 04:22:04 PM
Pott that's a very cool collection.  Can you tell me more about those subdecay pedals?  Looks like that setup has just about any flavor of distortion handy.   ;D  I don't think I've seen that Seymour Duncan pedal before.  Man where have I been???

Yep that was my goal. I don't like most modulation so what else could I put on there eh  :icon_lol:

The Stupid Box is meant to be played loud mostly. It's a medium to high gain OD with loads of knobs. Inside you get pre bass, pre treble, bass, midrange, and a smooth/crunch switch.
The MI Audio is in the same range but smoother and more plug and play. Both sound different though so I can keep them hehehe
The Blackstar is a distortion pedal with a fuzzy edge. It's not for everyone... I don't use it very often I gotta say. The sounclips on the website make it have a very modern metal sound, but I can't achieve that with my rig, there's always this fuzzy thing about it I can't get rid of. Keeping the tone knob down helps though. Can't wait to try it with my bigger Laney AOR though!
That black pedal is a Korg Pitchblack tuner as has been said, the other big black pedal is a Carl Martin Hot Drive and Boost prototype that I further modified with assymetrical clipping, LED + 1N4001, and the other side has a 1N34. Was fun trying to find the right sound for it but I finally got it! Wonderful overdrive, very dyamic, very rich, cleans up beautifully. The buffer is out of this world too! It's saving my clean sound's ass right now :D

And yeah Seymour makes loads of pedal... they have a clean boost-ish (pickup booster) , a fuzz (tweak fuzz), an overdrive (lava box), a distortion (power grid), a Tremolo (shape shifter), a tube OD, a tube metal distortion and a bass DI box. The powergrid just came out basically.

Cladinshadows

Here's mine. Pic from last year.

Also have a few new additions . Pic from a few months ago.

Plus I built a new Tube Screamer ( SRV version ) for my on-the-go setup.

The French connection

Here's mine...

...i gotta find a hole for those...it looks like the sd-1 (heavily modded) is gonna do some closet. ;)

I know i got to hide and change those cheap patch cables.

Dan
I know, but the pedal i built does not boost...it just increases volume!
My picture files:
http://www.aronnelson.com/gallery/main.php/v/French+connection/
http://s193.photobucket.com/albums/z4/letournd/Pedal/

superferrite

Need to build a power supply!
Gtr>Modded crybaby>Rangemaster clone>FF clone>Bad Monkey>Boss Superphaser>Rocktek delay> Bassman 10

Psychedelic Garage Metal

The French connection

Quote from: Andre on August 04, 2008, 05:24:37 PM
Here's mine.
It's still a bit sandy. We had a gig on the beach last Saturday

Nice one! Did you do it yourself? Is it a power supply integrated or just a power switch?

Dan
I know, but the pedal i built does not boost...it just increases volume!
My picture files:
http://www.aronnelson.com/gallery/main.php/v/French+connection/
http://s193.photobucket.com/albums/z4/letournd/Pedal/