Let's see those pedalboards!!

Started by DanielWong, January 04, 2008, 11:42:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ppatchmods

Andre,  very nice set up! I have to confess that I am trying not to covet your board! I just built a rat + dod 250 in one box, but my graphix don't look as convincing as your's.  I went for more of the original rat/250 abstract look. The power on the board is killer! Any chance you could share your "ways"? Great work!

-John
When your life is over, will any of this STUFF really matter?

Andre

Quote from: The French connection on August 07, 2008, 02:34:18 PM
Quote from: Andre on August 04, 2008, 05:24:37 PM
Here's mine.
It's still a bit sandy. We had a gig on the beach last Saturday

Nice one! Did you do it yourself? Is it a power supply integrated or just a power switch?

Dan

Thanks Dan.
Yes. I built it myself and it has a built in powersupply.
It also has a Sparkleboost built in.
You can see the 2 knobs and a small switch near the top of the Distortion +.

Andre

Quote from: ppatchmods on August 07, 2008, 04:13:39 PM
Andre,  very nice set up! I have to confess that I am trying not to covet your board! I just built a rat + dod 250 in one box, but my graphix don't look as convincing as your's.  I went for more of the original rat/250 abstract look. The power on the board is killer! Any chance you could share your "ways"? Great work!

-John

Thanks John.
For the graphics on my pedals I use sticky Photopaper with 3 or 4 layers of clearcoat.
I'm a bit sorry I didn't take any pictures during construction of my pedalboard.
Would have been a nice photo essay of the building process.

I used 9mm plywood and glued all parts together except for the top panel.
As you can see this panel has screws to be able to get to the built in powersupply.
All parts are bought in a hardware store. It took some time to find those hinges that can be separated.
The powersupply is 9V 1A. The  transformer was salvaged from a 15V AC wallwart.

André

craig_in_tx

Here's my current setup.  Other than the tuner, chorus, and DI, everything was made by me including the two power supplies.  (Come to think of it, I did mod the chorus as well).

ppatchmods

Craig, that is a great looking board...but UT stinks!! Just kidding! I'm a Razorback and was at the game last week. I had to walk by all the tailgaters as they cursed at my wife and I, called us names, flipped us off...well you get the picture. I won't ever make the mistake of going to a game in TX again.

I am also trying to build everything on my board. So far: pwr sup, rat, dod 250, 2 delays, & strat-o-blaster boost. I'm building a rust driver this week. Good work!
-John
When your life is over, will any of this STUFF really matter?

craig_in_tx

I was at the game as well...sorry you had such a bad experience.  Unfortunately, all fan bases have their share of a**holes and I'm sorry you had to encounter a few of ours.  Please don't let the actions of a few drunk idiots color your impression of us as a whole.  Wish you'd have come by our tailgate party...we always try to make the opposing fans feel at home (even our rivals) by offering free beer and food. 

Thanks for the nice comments about my setup.  My next build is going to be a chorus so that everything on the board (sans tuner) is DIY.

liddokun

Quote from: craig_in_tx on October 03, 2008, 02:34:18 PM
I was at the game as well...sorry you had such a bad experience.  Unfortunately, all fan bases have their share of a**holes and I'm sorry you had to encounter a few of ours.  Please don't let the actions of a few drunk idiots color your impression of us as a whole.  Wish you'd have come by our tailgate party...we always try to make the opposing fans feel at home (even our rivals) by offering free beer and food. 

Thanks for the nice comments about my setup.  My next build is going to be a chorus so that everything on the board (sans tuner) is DIY.

You should toss together a DIY DI box too, just to keep to the theme. 
To those about to rock, we salute you.

blanik

Quote from: Cladinshadows on August 05, 2008, 01:16:29 PM
Here's mine. Pic from last year.

you gotta be kidding!  :icon_eek:  does it come with it's own zip code? lol

nils

can I play too?

Here's my pedalboard:

And here's where the cables go:

Nils
"If you wind up with a boring, miserable life because you listened to your mom, your dad, your teacher, your priest, or some guy on TV telling you how to do your shit, then YOU DESERVE IT."
- Frank Zappa

cheeb

Quote from: craig_in_tx on October 03, 2008, 01:58:00 PM
Here's my current setup.  Other than the tuner, chorus, and DI, everything was made by me including the two power supplies.  (Come to think of it, I did mod the chorus as well).

haha That's crazy. I was planning on doing a Tennessee Volunteers pedal that was plain orange with the "T" logo on it just like that! Is that just a stencil?

craig_in_tx

Quote from: cheeb on October 04, 2008, 12:27:38 AM
Quote from: craig_in_tx on October 03, 2008, 01:58:00 PM

haha That's crazy. I was planning on doing a Tennessee Volunteers pedal that was plain orange with the "T" logo on it just like that! Is that just a stencil?

It's just a sticker.  I actually bought a set of them at the UT Co-Op right before the game last saturday.   :)

shredgd

This is mine, from closed to ready-to-rock:

From right to left:
- Dyna/Ross compressor with attack mod and built in switchable Bipolar buffer (you can see its level-switch in the two other pictures, in the right side)
- Phase 90 (with the 22k resistor in, for who is interested)
- Crybaby GCB-95 Wah with true-bypass mod (no buffer) and Yellow Fasel inductor
- AC-2 Acoustic Simulator
- BSIAB2 with 1uF C8 mod and level-switchable tuner-out to a Korg tuner
- TS-9 Tubescreamer with asymmetrical clipping, 0,1u input cap and "flat mids" switch
- CE-2 chorus
- Marshall Shredmaster (actually Hyde side of the Jekyll&Hyde pedal)
- 2in1 pedal with a re-housed Danelectro PB&J delay, with improved input and output buffers, and LPB2 booster

That tiny box above the wah is obviously a balanced 9v power supply.

Giulio

Protect your hearing.
Always use earplugs whenever you are in noisy/loud situations.

My videos on YouTube: www.youtube.com/shredgd5
My band's live videos on YouTube: www.youtube.com/swinglekings

Fleetdog

I've posted this before but it was in it's own topic, it has been a while, and I never get tiered of showing it off.  So here is my rig:

liddokun

Quote from: Fleetdog on October 09, 2008, 04:39:05 PM
I've posted this before but it was in it's own topic, it has been a while, and I never get tiered of showing it off.  So here is my rig:

What did you use for the loop side velcro (the surface of the board)?
To those about to rock, we salute you.

cloudscapes

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
{DIY blog}
{www.dronecloud.org}

sasuke_kun12

The silver is a LPB clone. The layout had axial electros. So I didn't have a clue which way a normal electrolytic and now I use it as a mute. Will get around to fixing it before my music group performance exam. Space inbetween the small stone and digidelay is for a Muff Pi clone which is still in bits. And a fuzztorion++ (my own creation) is on the way.
I declare BANKCRUPTCY!

Gila_Crisis

this is the last version of my pedalboard:

digitech whammy4 > EH micro POG > Korg Tuner > EH Small Stone (with volume loss mod) > Zendrive DIY > EH DMM > Vox Wah (a V847 heavily modded) > Big Muff DIY (with a lot of switches to go from triangle to ram'shead and waht's in between) > Boss DSD2 DigitalSampler/Delay > Tremulus Lune DIY

plus i'm finishing a DOD FX25 and a Slow Gear clones (thanks to topopiccione for those projects) which will be housed togheter in a Hammond 1590S! plus i have a Clone Theory waiting to be built and an Orange Peel to be housed

Fleetdog

Quote from: liddokun on October 09, 2008, 04:42:00 PM
What did you use for the loop side velcro (the surface of the board)?

It's just felt from the fabric store.  I took some of the hook side velcro I was already using on the pedals with me to test the grabbiness of different felts and found one that stuck well without getting too fuzzy when I removed the velcro.  The felt is then just stuck to the top board with contact cement.  It works pretty well.  You can wiggle a couple of the pedals a little bit but none of them fall off even if you tip the board upside down.  I regularly carry it under one arm vertically with my guitar in the other hand.

SonicVI

Big Muff, Overdriver, Big Cheese, and Prunes and Custard builds.

alteredsounds

here's the board i cobble together for jam night's, pretty much this layout with differing colorsounds, i'll post my gigging board soon.