Yey , Its alive . RED LLAMA clone

Started by Les Turnbull, January 23, 2017, 09:15:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Les Turnbull

Chuffed with the sounds from my first working pedal build .
If only i had Kept practicing over the years ,Well we cant all be great guitarists , Need to fathom out the footswitch wiring and an LED then box it up but all part of the fun .
http://vidmeup.com/video_manage?vid=645153

pgorey

Nice work!  It is truly a special and awesome feeling powering up and hearing the fruits of your effort especially if there was some troubleshooting to get there.  Look forward to seeing the finished enclosure - another half the battle.  I like this guide for the switching because it walks through the process of what to hook up but also a simple explanation as to why. 

http://www.madbeanpedals.com/tutorials/downloads/MBP_FootswitchWiring.pdf

There are also tons of threads on here to help.  So much knowledge on this forum that I'm thankful for!

Les Turnbull

Cheers Pgorey , that link should get me there .  Dont think that last vidio link worked so here is a youtube link
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/t4wOUQrXUE8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

kalimna

Excellent stuff. My first completed pedal was a Red Llama (think I might label it the Pink Alpaca) - and not without a few hiccups, mostly in the power indicator LED and a piece of bare wire grounding on the enclosure. But it works :)
Second pedal was a Lovepedal Woodrow (with added gain knob) and third (currently in near-assembled state) a Rockett WTF.... We'll see how that one goes.

Cheers,
Adam

bluebunny

Three pedals under your belt, and no snaps??  Get thee to the Pictures thread!  And welcome...  :D
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

Les Turnbull

Just built my fourth pedal but mixed success ,Red Llama and Timmy working great but UBE screamer is stuck in half drive mode as the drive and tone don't change anything though it does sound good where it is stuck , Just finished assembling a Klon clone but it is quiet on bypass and only giving small amount of gain when on . The tl072 voltages are good but the charge pump voltages are mostly negative when they should be mostly positive .
Not boxed any up yet as I was thinking of putting 2 distortions a chorus and a delay in one box .

kalimna

I am quite the beginner at this electronics malarkey - I know what all the bits *are*, and mostly what they *do*, but have minimal understanding of how the work together. However, it's quite satisfying to hear something work that you have just made :)
When you say take some snaps, you dont mean gutshots too???

Cheers,
Adam

bluebunny

Quote from: kalimna on March 16, 2017, 05:21:14 PM
When you say take some snaps, you dont mean gutshots too???

Everything.   :icon_twisted:
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

antonis

"I'm getting older while being taught all the time" Solon the Athenian..
"I don't mind  being taught all the time but I do mind a lot getting old" Antonis the Thessalonian..

duck_arse

You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.

rutabaga bob

Yeah...if there's anybody who knows about malarkey, it's Duck!   :icon_mrgreen:
Life is just a series of obstacles preventing you from taking a nap...

"I can't resist a filter" - Kipper