News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Awsome Pedal, Thanks!

Started by -Chris-, January 15, 2008, 07:06:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

-Chris-

Hi Guys,

This is the first pedal ive ever built and im loving it! I wired it up as per the diagram (sorry i didnt read the instructions at all :P) after i got it working i decided it was to big so i built it again as compact as i could and squeezed it into a box. Very happy with the way it sounds, i lent it to a mate at work lastnight to try out and today he was saying how great it sounds :D

So i just wanted to say thanks and  that now im addicted! Im trying to decide what pedal to build next!

-Chris

gaussmarkov

sweet.  and welcome.   :icon_cool:

what would be interesting for another project?  more distortion?  i suggest the red llama.  octaver?  consider the green ringer or maybe the foxx tone machine.

all the best, paul

Barcode80

having just built like my 4th red llama, i think it is a great candidate. gnarly, almost fuzz like OD (at least this one i just built is) and minimal parts count. also a great intro to cmos.

Zben3129

One of my absolute favorite pedals is the Tubescreamer, that one has a slightly higher parts count, but nothing unmanageable. It was my first build.

Also, fuzz face = really Really low part count. Only hangup is the germanium transistors. You could try a silicon one first, I believe they have one over at www.runoffgroove.com

Hmmm...Donno what you have for manufactured pedals, but a compressor is always a nice thing to have, And the orange squeezer (www.tonepad.com) has a low parts count. Only parts that aren't resistors or caps are an IC, 2 JFETS, and a diode. I reccomend this pedal, I love all of mine. Its an on/off comp, not really any controls, which makes it simple.

If you need help with any builds, just let me know, I was a rookie not to long ago aswell :)

Zach