Dyna Comp Crackle problem!

Started by KrazyKarl, May 05, 2010, 07:01:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Perfboard Patcher

Some of the voltages look very suspicious to me.

The collectors should measure a higher voltage than the emitters. You swapped Es and Cs in the list or perhaps mounted the transistors incorrectly?

PP

KrazyKarl

This just goes by the data sheet here. (http://www.alldatasheet.com/datasheet-pdf/pdf/108514/ETC/2SC1849.html) If the pins are pointing down and the flat side is toward you, the pins are C B E from left to right. Which is different from what I'm used to, where it goes EBC from left to right. I'll check some pics to be sure, but I'm quite sure I have the trannies in the right way. Especially since It crackled before I ever even changed the trannies. Also, I can hear my guitar signal fine and I hear it compressing, but there's a butt-load of crackle in between playing.

Thanks a lot for the responses guys. Every little bit helps.

Perfboard Patcher

Quote from: KrazyKarl on July 26, 2010, 08:37:36 AM
Also, I can hear my guitar signal fine and I hear it compressing, but there's a butt-load of crackle in between playing.

Gain goes insane while not playing?
In that case I would check the 150k resistor between pin 6 and Vb.

PP

KrazyKarl

Quote from: Perfboard Patcher on July 27, 2010, 05:35:51 AM
Quote from: KrazyKarl on July 26, 2010, 08:37:36 AM
Also, I can hear my guitar signal fine and I hear it compressing, but there's a butt-load of crackle in between playing.

Gain goes insane while not playing?
In that case I would check the 150k resistor between pin 6 and Vb.

PP

Ok, I took that resistor out and tested it. It read 149.4k so it's still good. Put it back in. Still an issue. :(