WTF are these Lol

Started by Austin73, January 28, 2008, 06:19:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Austin73

Hi everyone,

As some of you are aware I got a Yamaha Electone of Freecycle the other day. See other threads if your bored lol

Anyway I posted in my other thread but need some help identifying some components.
http://render1.snapfish.com/render2/is=Yup6aQQ%7C%3Dup6RKKt%3Axxr%3D0-qpDofRt7Pf7mrPfrj7t%3DzrRfDUX%3AeQaQxg%3Dr%3F87KR6xqpxQQonxnaexnoaxv8uOc5xQQQG0nellolPlqpfVtB%3F*KUp7BHSHqqy7XH6gX0QQ0n%7CRup6lQQ%7C/of=50,590,442
I'm hoping the Red ones are inductors (and yes I know they might not be 500mH)

But wondered what the black ones are? Any ideas and are they any use?

http://render1.snapfish.com/render2/is=Yup6aQQ%7C%3Dup6RKKt%3Axxr%3D0-qpDofRt7Pf7mrPfrj7t%3DzrRfDUX%3AeQaQxg%3Dr%3F87KR6xqpxQQonxnaexnoaxv8uOc5xQQQG0nelG0eaJqpfVtB%3F*KUp7BHSHqqy7XH6gX0QQ00%7CRup6lQQ%7C/of=50,590,442

Cheers for any Info

Aus
Bazz Fuss, Red LLama, Harmonic Jerkulator, LoFo MoFo, NPN Boost, Bronx Cheer, AB Box, Dual Loop, Crash Sync

Austin73

Bazz Fuss, Red LLama, Harmonic Jerkulator, LoFo MoFo, NPN Boost, Bronx Cheer, AB Box, Dual Loop, Crash Sync

Papa_lazerous

My guess is the black parts are also inductors, why not ebay it and then use the money to buy parts ;)

Austin73

how dare you suggest such a thing John, I'm bitterly disappointed you don't embrace the Freecycle way!

I lied through my back teeeth to get it! lol They think I'm doing a Community project with kids! ha ha if only they knew.

Is there anyway I can check the inductance with a simple DMM?

Also let me know if you want any, and I'll send some over if you want.

Aus

George Giblet

Inductors are pretty common in keyboards.

Perhaps you could ask for details on an electone or keyboard forum.

My Parents have this album.  I thought that keyboard was awesome when I was a kid - lol!
http://homepage.mac.com/fidelitarean/iblog/C889114474/E20060513103540/index.html

drewl

Yup, inductors, the red and the black ones.

Looks alot like an old keyboard I fixed recently.....
you can dismantle it and have lots of parts.
Tube organs are a better score for me. Usually they'll have nice old vintage tubes inside, and you can use the iron for amp builds.
Any germaniums in there?

Dai H.

the marking on the red ones look like TDK

al3151

I have a Maxon Blubber Crybaby Machine wah that has an inductor(TDK red fasel type) just like that.On the back side of the inductor it has the number "620" stamped on it.Its a nice sounding wah with a jfet (SK30) input buffer and a red led status indicator

Austin73

no germaniums unfortunately haven't googled the transistiors yet so not sure.

The inductors are labeled 512 - 589 and then 403 - 480 and some 3 series? I hope thats the inductance would be cool but I'm sure i won't be that lucky

The parts count is amazing I can't wait to get some spare time. The only thing I don't think I'll use is one of te keyboards and the leslie unit so if anybody wants them give me a shout

Aus

Will keep you posted on the inductors

rackham

How big is the Leslie unit?

Might well be interested if you're willing to part with it...

Austin73

not sure if you look at the thread asking who wants an organ in hampshire I put an album  up on snapfish for you to see.

Your welcome to any parts I don't plan on using which includes a keyboard and the leslie but just to warn you I have already stripped the boards so you will have to get something to control it.

I'm actually in Bournemouth if you want to pick it up PM if you like

Cheers

Aushttp://www1.snapfish.com/thumbnailshare/AlbumID=212264131/a=29987928_29987928/t_=29987928

Austin73

I can't seem to find any schematics or parts lists to identify the inductors. Does anybody know how I can do this? Do I need to get a new multimeter that does inductance?

Cheers

Aus

cab42

Quote from: al3151 on January 28, 2008, 11:26:48 AM
I have a Maxon Blubber Crybaby Machine wah that has an inductor(TDK red fasel type) just like that.On the back side of the inductor it has the number "620" stamped on it.Its a nice sounding wah with a jfet (SK30) input buffer and a red led status indicator

I can confirm that as I have a blubber wah as well.

Regards

Carsten
  • SUPPORTER
"Rick, your work is almost disgusting, it's so beautiful.  Meaning: it's so darned pretty that when I look at my own stuff, it makes me want to puke my guts out."
Ripthorn

dschwartz

you can make a simple wah circuit and socket the inductor.. and try the different inductors.. my guts tells me that you may use the 480 inductor...(if the wah has a 620, most probably that is 620mH)..so, 480mH is not really bad for a wah inductor...especialy if its a vintage one..
----------------------------------------------------------
Tubes are overrated!!

http://www.simplifieramp.com

Austin73

That was part of the plan but I have lots and lots now so just fancied seeing how the printed number corresponded with the actual inductance because on the Thomas organ I think somebody said that most of the inductors were of a very low value

That way might give me a fighting chance to get a good wah sound.
Cheers so far
Aus