Show me your 1590A enclosures/pedals...

Started by andrew_k, January 29, 2008, 09:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Perrow

It's a Hammond 125A transformer if I remember correctly.

It's a Superfly amp you can find sound samples in that thread. Mine sounds OK, but I liked it better before I added the tone stack (which I added when I put it in the box, some day I'll add a bypass). Only ever ran it through a crappy speaker though.
My stompbox wiki -> http://rumbust.net

Keep this site live and ad free, donate a dollar or twenty (and add this link to your sig)

stealthbopper

There are some inspiring builds here so I feel my first attempt at etching is rather modest.

Not a deep etch as I was being cautious. Still, I was surprised how much detail came out in this prototype. Has got me keen to try more..

Govmnt_Lacky

I always feel SOOOOOOO good when a first time poster puts up an excellent etch when I have never been able to get 1 good one!  :icon_evil:  :'(

Looks great stealth!!!  ;)
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Tony Forestiere

Quote from: stealthbopper on December 27, 2013, 02:35:16 PM
There are some inspiring builds here so I feel my first attempt at etching is rather modest.

Not a deep etch as I was being cautious. Still, I was surprised how much detail came out in this prototype. Has got me keen to try more..

OH MY LORD! Can it be real? Is it a real..? Can't be real!  ??? ??? ???

A BURST BOX!!!

Gorgeous etch, and welcome. I echo Govmnt_Lacky's sentiments.
"Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side, and it holds the universe together." Carl Zwanzig
"Whoso neglects learning in his youth, loses the past and is dead for the future." Euripides
"Friends don't let friends use Windows." Me

tubegeek

@Perrow - thanks, I thought it looked even smaller.

@stealthbopper: VERY cool!
"The first four times, we figured it was an isolated incident." - Angry Pete

"(Chassis is not a magic garbage dump.)" - PRR

peterg

roseblood11

Why didn't you shorten the transistor's legs?

peterg

Quote from: roseblood11 on December 29, 2013, 12:43:14 PM
Why didn't you shorten the transistor's legs?

It's only my second foray into germanium territory and I don't fully understand them yet. . I didn't want to shorten the legs until I know I have the right one for the effect.

amptramp

Actually, it is a reasonably good idea to leave long leads because germanium transistors may suffer more from soldering heat than silicon.

haveyouseenhim

Not to mention builders remorse. If he doesn't like the circuit he can re-use the germ for something else.
  • SUPPORTER
http://www.youtube.com/haveyouseenhim89

I'm sorry sir, we only have the regular ohms.

therealfindo

peterg

alanp

It's been a productive day.

1590A Deep Blue Delay, using Madbean's Sea Urchin schematic. Only missed one cap (used a ceramic to get it in the space available), otherwise went quite smoothly, apart from the usual shenanigans involved in these bonsai builds.

therealfindo

Ok @PeterG - how are you doing that really sweet clean text? Silkscreen?

tubegeek

Moral of the story:

Everybody loves FUTURA!

Anybody know how to make a particular font your default? - I bet I can get everyone to think I'm 100x smarter if I just post everything this way.

"The first four times, we figured it was an isolated incident." - Angry Pete

"(Chassis is not a magic garbage dump.)" - PRR

pickdropper

Quote from: stealthbopper on December 27, 2013, 02:35:16 PM

That is beautiful.  First etch or 100th etch.

peterg

Quote from: therealfindo on January 01, 2014, 03:58:45 AM
Ok @PeterG - how are you doing that really sweet clean text? Silkscreen?

Thanks for the interest. I use the toner transfer method. Davent wrote about it here:
http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=36392.msg876642#msg876642
See the post on Novermber 5 2012 at 9:38 pm and other postings by davent for info and inspiration.  He's a master at enclosure finishing

poppyman

Stealth, this stutter/burst box looks really great, especially for a first go. The design and the execution are stunning!

peterg

Quote from: poppyman on January 02, 2014, 04:05:21 AM
Stealth, this stutter/burst box looks really great, especially for a first go. The design and the execution are stunning!

+1

deadastronaut

+1 again...

for a moment i thought it had 32 leds.. :icon_eek:. 8)
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//