Show me your 1590A enclosures/pedals...

Started by andrew_k, January 29, 2008, 09:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluebunny

Quote from: rocklander on March 09, 2015, 07:45:58 PM
to help in the "short" battle, I like to stick plastic insulation cut from overhead projector sheets... :icon_idea:

I like to chop up the plastic pouches that guitar strings live in.  Dr Tweek likes to ship components in them (he must have a stash), so I like to recycle them.  :)
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

duck_arse

Quote from: Caboverde on March 09, 2015, 03:50:05 PM

there's something wrong with this pic, I just can't work out what it is .....

looking at your veros, you might go around the edges of your cuts with an exacto knife, and clean out any trailling strands/whiskers/threads of copper. they can cause mucho problemos at later stages.
don't make me draw another line.

bloxstompboxes

Quote from: duck_arse on March 10, 2015, 08:01:42 AM
Quote from: Caboverde on March 09, 2015, 03:50:05 PM

there's something wrong with this pic, I just can't work out what it is .....

looking at your veros, you might go around the edges of your cuts with an exacto knife, and clean out any trailling strands/whiskers/threads of copper. they can cause mucho problemos at later stages.

I don't see a power jack.

Floor-mat at the front entrance to my former place of employment. Oh... the irony.

duck_arse

..... and there's no room for a battery .....
don't make me draw another line.

Luke51411

It looks like in a pinch he could fit one of the mini dc jacks near the footswitch...

Caboverde

LOL! Thanks for all the comments ;D  I don't have ALL of the components in place. That pic was originally meant to show a co-worker of mine how all the switches and pots would fit. I have already done a mock-up of where everything, including the DC jack and LED, will go...it should all fit, but that is WHOLLY dependent upon how well I can drill. My tolerances are very small with so many components and such a small space to work in--1 or 2 mm. off for any one hole and nothing fits :(

BTW, the comment about covering up for shorts...IF needed, I can use some cutouts from the static free plastic bag the capacitors came in. I don't think that I will need it though since the traces will be facing the INSIDE of the pedal and not the back cover. Also the vero board will be held in place (above the soldering posts of the switches, etc.) by the locking nut of the DC jack (kind of like a bracket or shelf) and perhaps the wires as well. So the board will be held away from touching anything metal, except the nut itself which perhaps I could cover over with some nailpolish.

BLLUEBUNNY: Thanks for the suggestion about scraping the edges. I was really careful to make sure that I did scrape all the edges, but I will certainly check again. Can't be too careful (!)

I've also bought some metal stamping tools and plan to label the pedal in a similar manner to Fairfield's pedals...planning to, at least. Hoping to get some more time to work on it later this week.

Brisance

If the anti-static bag is the silvery kind, they are conductive.

Caboverde

Quote from: Brisance on March 10, 2015, 11:09:48 AM
If the anti-static bag is the silvery kind, they are conductive.

It's a transparent, shiny grey bag. Is this conductive?  ???

Govmnt_Lacky

Carbon impregnated ESD bags are NOT conductive. Do your bags have a thin black-ish coating on the inside of them?
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

allesz

Hey boys, it's been a wile since I posted something....
Here is a pure piece of 1590A snobbery, battery operated too :icon_eek:  ;D

I did not post the internal pics because it's almost the usual one transistor boost that I made with a recycled enclosure (that hosted about two or three other pedals before this one).
I had to cover some holes (I used epoxy glue for this) and so I had to paint the enclosure (red acrylic with a brush, and a couple of hands of transparent paint... not bad in the end, but how long will it last?); usually I really prefer polished and bare aluminum for my humble works.

Caboverde

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on March 10, 2015, 12:16:48 PM
Carbon impregnated ESD bags are NOT conductive. Do your bags have a thin black-ish coating on the inside of them?

Nope, its definitely just a clear gray or smoke plastic bag.

noobamp

Quote from: allesz on March 10, 2015, 12:21:27 PM

So thats how you get a 9v on board....got it! :D
nothing like the smell of hot Bovie in the morning....

vigilante397

So this was discussed a while ago, but it's finally happening: My 1590A A/B/Y Switch!!!!! ;D This is just a dry fit, as I'm going to wait to wire it until after the box is painted, because I know I would just end up wiring it twice otherwise. I plan to use the 3PDT to switch between the loops, and the DPDT on the side will be to switch it between A/B mode and Y mode.

Hopefully I'll have it all painted and wired up in the next few days  8)
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

Luke51411

Quote from: vigilante397 on March 10, 2015, 08:36:20 PM
So this was discussed a while ago, but it's finally happening: My 1590A A/B/Y Switch!!!!! ;D This is just a dry fit, as I'm going to wait to wire it until after the box is painted, because I know I would just end up wiring it twice otherwise. I plan to use the 3PDT to switch between the loops, and the DPDT on the side will be to switch it between A/B mode and Y mode.

Hopefully I'll have it all painted and wired up in the next few days  8)
Nice! I made the mistake of loading mine, now it sits loaded and unfinished. I also need to grind down parts of the bottom plate to make it fit :icon_eek:

vigilante397

Quote from: Luke51411 on March 11, 2015, 08:00:49 AM
I also need to grind down parts of the bottom plate to make it fit :icon_eek:

Same here, that's why the bottom plate does not appear in the pictures :P I have the box painted now, I plan to give it a waterslide and lacquer this afternoon and have it wired up by this evening :)
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

Luke51411

Quote from: vigilante397 on March 11, 2015, 08:40:22 AM
Quote from: Luke51411 on March 11, 2015, 08:00:49 AM
I also need to grind down parts of the bottom plate to make it fit :icon_eek:

Same here, that's why the bottom plate does not appear in the pictures :P I have the box painted now, I plan to give it a waterslide and lacquer this afternoon and have it wired up by this evening :)
Pretty cool, have fun wiring!

allesz

Quote from: noobamp on March 10, 2015, 05:17:39 PM
Quote from: allesz on March 10, 2015, 12:21:27 PM

So thats how you get a 9v on board....got it! :D

Oh yess! And I am working on a 12 Volt version... probably the pedal will be on top of a car battery or, since this is a  mini pedals subforum, a motorbike one.
Hey Vigilante. The switch is really a nice (and tight) work.

vigilante397

And as promised..... the finished product ;D The wiring honestly turned out neater than I thought it would, though I did have to file down one edge of the bottom plate to make it fit. I only dropped it a dozen or so times while wiring it, so the paint job has that nice "I've been dropped a dozen or so times" look to it ::)

• SUPPORTER

www.sushiboxfx.com

bluebunny

Very nice, Nathan.  Doesn't look too dropped at all.
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

KNA

Some small ones. The left one is a AMZ boost I think, it's from 2013 so I don't remember exactly. Middle one is a Meathead Deluxe with bigger input cap and the right one is a little lighthouse looper.

Boost guts.

Meathead.

Looper.
Trophies, swedish hardcore at its best: http://trophies.bandcamp.com/