Show me your 1590A enclosures/pedals...

Started by andrew_k, January 29, 2008, 09:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hyrk

My instagram profile : https://www.instagram.com/benumb_/

adielricci

adielricci

A really simple, yet powerful, MOSFET Booster, with no crackle.  Can 1590LB builds be posted here?

GiovannyS10

Hey-ah! adielricci! Really an awesome golden thing. Maybe this pedal make you rich  ;)

I did a booster that uses a very similar circuit than yours, but i used J201 instead. Here is a pic, i could find a gut shot  :-\

That's all, Folks!

"Are you on drugs?"
-ARSE, Duck.

www.instagram.com/allecto

flanagan0718

Finished this beast up not too long ago. 1776 rub-a-dub with mods to bring mix to unity.

Hey guys I'm Mike

My Blog
http://custohmelectronics.blogspot.com/

adielricci

Nice work, Giovanny!  I chose MOSFET circuitry because of the high gain characteristics.  The J201 works really well for that matter, as well!

flanagan0718, congratularions, it is never easy to cram a brick inside a 1590A!  I built one of those a while ago, also with just one control.  The latest one has a little more resources, though.

Here goes another rendition of an Angel Chorus:

GiovannyS10

Nice one chorus! adielricci

I never used reverb modules. I really have no idea about how it works now. But i will try to see threads about now. I am planning to do a shimmer reverb. :)
That's all, Folks!

"Are you on drugs?"
-ARSE, Duck.

adielricci

Quote from: GiovannyS10 on February 24, 2017, 03:16:09 PM
Nice one chorus! adielricci

I never used reverb modules. I really have no idea about how it works now. But i will try to see threads about now. I am planning to do a shimmer reverb. :)

Thanks!  The Belton brick has 3 PT2399 inside, creating the reverb effect.  It works fine, but you might be happier with an FV-1 if you want shimmer effects.

GiovannyS10

I see. I think would be nice add another pt2399 in series to increase the shimmer tail and maybe a transistor circuit to turn it more flexible by the picking. Would be a very nice effect. I should work in it when finish my actual flanger development...
That's all, Folks!

"Are you on drugs?"
-ARSE, Duck.

duck_arse

one of you two fellows should start an "LB" thread, cozybuider would be all over that!

gio, your black box looks da bomb, as all the kids say. and adiel, are you ever going to run out of gold paint?
You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.

adielricci

Quote from: duck_arse on February 25, 2017, 08:47:40 AM
Adiel, are you ever going to run out of gold paint?

Not soon, I hope!   :)

Quote from: duck_arse on February 25, 2017, 08:47:40 AM
one of you two fellows should start an "LB" thread, cozybuider would be all over that!

Just did that!  Thanks for the suggestion, Duck_arse!

lars-musik

I am going to bring this threat back to the huge 1590a enclosures... Here's my newest triplet of Fuzzes: A silion Fuzz Face, a two-knobbed One Knob Fuzz and a Tequila Buzz Fuzz (a kind of Fuzzrite). For someone who is not really into fuzzes I wonder why I keep building them!

darron

Quote from: lars-musik on March 09, 2017, 09:38:41 AM
I am going to bring this threat back to the huge 1590a enclosures... Here's my newest triplet of Fuzzes: A silion Fuzz Face, a two-knobbed One Knob Fuzz and a Tequila Buzz Fuzz (a kind of Fuzzrite). For someone who is not really into fuzzes I wonder why I keep building them!

bravo. a gut shot like that should always be required i think :)
Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!

Kingmafw

Quote from: lars-musik on March 09, 2017, 09:38:41 AM

Eddystone 27969PSLA?
it is mei sizzen net to dwaen

Johannes Harald Kingma - FWS Pedals - Germany

Marcos - Munky

swever

1590a red llama. Nothing to write home about, but it's my first 1590a, and my first etched enclosure. I tried electrochemical etching (12v psu + salty water + cotton swab) and for some reason it started to peel off the toner stencil really early and I had to stop etching. Ended up with very shallow and uncolored etch.

balkanizeyou

Hey guys, I've never really been much into 1590a pedals, but after seeing all the great stuff posted in this thread I decided to give it a shot myself.
So I bought 10 1590a boxes and started putting stuff there. The first ones were a booster and a fuzz, but it was too easy so I moved to something a little more challenging. This is a phase 90 clone:

I know, the finish is turrible, but I've never been great at it, especially at hand-finishing.
It works though, next in line is the Small Clone chorus. Already etched and soldered the PCB, but I've been too lazy to put it in the box yet. Hope to finish it next week

Perrow

Quote from: balkanizeyou on April 08, 2017, 07:38:07 AM

That's really nice. I've designed a Phase 90 for a 1590A but with through hole components. Not built it though so totally unverified and would be a tight squeeze. Surface mount makes it a whole lot simpler to fit complex circuits in there, but still impressive.

BTW, I like the finish.
My stompbox wiki -> http://rumbust.net

Keep this site live and ad free, donate a dollar or twenty (and add this link to your sig)

balkanizeyou

Quote from: Perrow on April 10, 2017, 06:55:54 AM
That's really nice. I've designed a Phase 90 for a 1590A but with through hole components. Not built it though so totally unverified and would be a tight squeeze. Surface mount makes it a whole lot simpler to fit complex circuits in there, but still impressive.

BTW, I like the finish.

Thank you!
I know I know, using SMD is cheating and there are people that could squeeze a reverb tank with a battery into 1590A  :icon_lol: it's just that I'm not good at this, so I like to have a big margin of error in my builds (purists would probably kill me for wasting SO MUCH SPACE with this enclosed jack sockets! but that's what I had at hand).
I also really hate drilling PCBs so SMD definitely helps with that

darron

Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!