Show me your 1590A enclosures/pedals...

Started by andrew_k, January 29, 2008, 09:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lars F

Quote from: thermionix on January 30, 2018, 03:50:28 PM
You may have set a new world record for jack proximity.  If nothing shorts out with both plugs inserted, you must have a fraction of a mm clearance.

It works without shorting, but after looking at some pictures in this thread, it seems they could have been arranged differently for more clearance.

Next time, I guess..

Regards,

Lars

thermionix

I'm impressed, I hope it didn't come off like a criticism.  I'm not brave enough for a 1590A attempt myself.

Lars F

Quote from: thermionix on January 31, 2018, 03:36:11 PM
I'm impressed, I hope it didn't come off like a criticism.  I'm not brave enough for a 1590A attempt myself.

No, read no criticism in your post, thermionix.

It's just that we are always looking for a better way to go about things.

It's my first build in a 1590A and while I'm really happy with it, the stuff being shown in this thread is on another level completely.

Room for improvement, that's all.

Regards,

Lars

bluebunny

• SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

EBK

Quote from: bluebunny on February 02, 2018, 05:45:56 AM
Quote from: Lars F on February 02, 2018, 03:50:21 AM
Room for improvement, that's all.

In a 1590A?  Ah, the irony!   ;)
I'm presently working on my very first 1590A builds, and I've learned that they are more spacious than they first appear.  :icon_wink:

It reminds me of my old vehicle, a 2006 Scion xB, magically designed to be much bigger on the inside than on the outside.  Sadly, my wife accidentally made it much(!) smaller on the outside one day, so we had to replace it. 
  • SUPPORTER
Technical difficulties.  Please stand by.

Marcos - Munky

First build of 2018. It's a bazz fuss in parallel with a LPB. Made it for a bassist friend, and the artwork was a little pun (bass fuzz - bass fish :icon_lol:)

Marcos - Munky

3rd build of 2018. Well, this one was finished in 2017, but I made the enclosure today. It's a 1590A Triangle Big Muff, etched artwork based on the original one. I don't have any experience on using inks, so I painted it with nail polish :icon_lol:.

GiovannyS10

Hey Marcos,
Such awesome work! The etching work was perfect and that painting work turned all it more special! Really incredible man!  8) 8) 8) 8)
That's all, Folks!

"Are you on drugs?"
-ARSE, Duck.

www.instagram.com/allecto

Marcos - Munky

4th build of 2018. It's a Devi Ever Hyperion. My cleanest etch so far, and painted with nail polish again (easy and cheap :icon_mrgreen:)

EBK

Work in progress here, if you'll indulge me.

I have a huge backlog of projects waiting to be finished, and I've come to realize that the enclosure finishing step is where my biggest bottleneck is.  So, I have enlisted the help of my six-year-old daughter on this one:

When she is done painting it, I'll let her do all the assembly (minus the soldering and final tightening).  Pretty good so far.   :icon_cool:
  • SUPPORTER

vigilante397

• SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

thermionix

FWIW, Mammoth has 1590As on sale for $3.40 right now.  I ordered one, not for a pedal build, but for a simple power distro box I'm gonna throw together.

ricardo.sc

Bertola's classic mini fuzz that I made for my little brother. Simplest circuit ever, though it sounds great.

EBK

Simple, but I really dig the orange knob and yellow LED on that. 
To me, it's kind of like simplicity perfected -- a relaxing, contented sigh.
Welcome to the forum, by the way.  :icon_smile: 
  • SUPPORTER

Marcos - Munky

5th build of 2018. It's a Big Muff I made for a friend. He drew the artwork, I did a reverse etch on all sides of the enclosure (my first etch on a side of a enclosure), plus a little bit of "relic" finishing (actually the etches went too shallow and I got some of the ink removed when I was sanding the enclosure, but my friend liked the result, so I left it this way).

Marcos - Munky

6th build of 2018. It's a mosfet booster. Simple, but effective. Artwork drawn by my brother, then I etched it.

Marcos - Munky

8th build of 2018. Doug Hammond's Highway89 using a layout provided by 287m - thanks again, bro!

Btw, this one have 4 16mm pots in a 1590A :icon_wink:

soggybag

Just started building with 1590a. This is tricker than it looks. A little lik building a ship in a bottle.

These are mockups. I'm waiting on some parts to finish these up.

SHO, Ugly Face, and Woolly Mammoth.

Marcos - Munky

Yeah, it's harder that it looks. But nice start!

Btw, which Ugly Face layout did you used? Planning on doing a 1590A Ugly Face, but I didn't made a layout yet.

soggybag

Quote from: Marcos - Munky on June 07, 2018, 08:22:38 PM
Yeah, it's harder that it looks. But nice start!

Btw, which Ugly Face layout did you used? Planning on doing a 1590A Ugly Face, but I didn't made a layout yet.

I'm using some PCBs I had made. These were not design with the 1590a in mind but the board seems to fit sideways. I soldered these before I thought about fitting these in the smaller boxes. I might have to replace the caps with shorter ones.