Show me your 1590A enclosures/pedals...

Started by andrew_k, January 29, 2008, 09:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guitarmageddon

Funny you should say that, I've only built one but found that it, while good, was what I'd call overdrive, not distortion at all. swapped FETS a bit too, in the end I boxed it up with a SHO in front for a bit extra....go figure. Used the gussmarkov schem.

ugly_guitar_guy

Quote from: rocklander on January 03, 2012, 06:48:13 PM

Dude, where did you get those jacks from?? Those are PERFECT for 1590A the way you can stack them like that!!
Check out my metal band here: www.facebook.com/hollowshell
or
my personal effects building page here: www.facebook.com/brotronics

rocklander

Quote from: ugly_guitar_guy on January 03, 2012, 10:18:32 PM

Dude, where did you get those jacks from?? Those are PERFECT for 1590A the way you can stack them like that!!

saw them at farnell/element14 a while ago and took a risk.. well worth it.. nowhere near as strong/good as switchcraft, but better than the long johnny styles IMO.
http://nz.element14.com/lumberg/klbm-3/socket-6-35mm-jack/dp/1217005
:)

also good for laying down flat (like in my puddleduck delays). they're 'just' too big to sit a PCB+socket+IC on top, but PCB+IC is enough clearance to close the lid too.

Leston Braun

Hey rocklander, my DBD on the previous page is made with your layout, thanks!

rocklander

Quote from: Geoff Leonard on January 04, 2012, 01:06:49 AM
Hey rocklander, my DBD on the previous page is made with your layout, thanks!
awesome stuff... and you're most welcome.
can't believe you fit that in there with switchcraft sized jacks :o

nicofx

elflicho87

Beautiful Nicofx, as always!
what's the font you used?
thanks

John Lyons

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

PereatMundus

Very Nice Builds all at once!

great stuff people!

Quote from: nicofx on January 04, 2012, 12:04:26 PM
Tremulus Lune  :)
Nicely done Love it! :)

there's some amazing work in here people!!.. :icon_cool:
I started on some of my own 1590a pedals a while ago (mostly inspired by some of solderman's pics).. nearly completed putting them all on one board, but waiting on some parts for that.. here's what I've made (some wont be on my board, just not sure what).
I think all the layouts are my own except the lil angel... but I did get a lot of 'inspiration' from solderman ;)

Great stuff! you really got the gold at squeezing number of components in there! 
[solderman; btw yea his pics got me building 1590As too :) ]

Any chance you'd share your layouts? upload to the pictures/layouts gallery here etc. ?

Quote from: Geoff Leonard on January 03, 2012, 04:05:07 PM
This is actually an Eddystone enclosure, but I hope it's near enough. Mad Prof DBD, layout from fsb. One knob is missing as my supplier ran out.

Your project almost got lost with all the other good stuff resently, but yea thats nice stuff ! :)
Guitars: Westone Prestige 150 - Aria Pro II CS-400BnG
Amps: 5150 - SloClone
Fx: 20+ DIY (100+)
Play: Kraut/Death/Industrial/Noise
Pereat Mundus Et Furia Tempo-Leena Krohn/Schopenhauer

deadastronaut

@niklas: beautiful......love the colour.... :icon_cool:
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

ugly_guitar_guy

Quote from: rocklander on January 03, 2012, 10:24:29 PM
saw them at farnell/element14 a while ago and took a risk.. well worth it.. nowhere near as strong/good as switchcraft, but better than the long johnny styles IMO.
also good for laying down flat (like in my puddleduck delays). they're 'just' too big to sit a PCB+socket+IC on top, but PCB+IC is enough clearance to close the lid too.

Wow, those are bloody expensive, and all the way in NZ. I'll have to look for something similar because that style jack is awesome. Thanks for the info!
or

DavenPaget

Quote from: ugly_guitar_guy on January 05, 2012, 07:02:38 PM
Quote from: rocklander on January 03, 2012, 10:24:29 PM

Wow, those are bloody expensive, and all the way in NZ. I'll have to look for something similar because that style jack is awesome. Thanks for the info!
Element14/farnell/newark is EVERYWHERE !
Hiatus

rocklander

Quote from: PereatMundus on January 05, 2012, 09:31:42 AM
I started on some of my own 1590a pedals a while ago (mostly inspired by some of solderman's pics).. nearly completed putting them all on one board, but waiting on some parts for that.. here's what I've made (some wont be on my board, just not sure what).
I think all the layouts are my own except the lil angel... but I did get a lot of 'inspiration' from solderman ;)

Great stuff! you really got the gold at squeezing number of components in there! 
[solderman; btw yea his pics got me building 1590As too :) ]

Any chance you'd share your layouts? upload to the pictures/layouts gallery here etc. ?

thanks heaps.. I've no problem sharing (I've got little to no tech kung fu, so try to give back what little I can to the DIY community in the way of layouts), but I must admit to being a lil trepidatious about stepping on toes as to which vendor ccts I am allowed to post here and who I cannot.. and I'm also pretty lazy  :icon_redface: and they're already available ..just seems easier for y'all to pick them up from fsb..? they're all there :-)

solderman

Hi
I feel humbled and proud to have inspired you to do all this fantastic work. You have done some really fantastic builds here. I started to build with 1950A:s the "Obama way" Yes I can! because I got bored and needed a bigger (smaller) challenge.

Keep on withy the good work and remember, everything's small in wonderland.

"Alice, Alice who the f-u-c-k is Alice ...."  ;D
The only bad sounding stomp box is an unbuilt stomp box. ;-)
//Take Care and build with passion

www.soldersound.com
xSolderman@soldersound.com (exlude x to mail)

ugly_guitar_guy

Here's my newest 1590 submission! A mini Orange Squeezer with pcb layout used from jimmybjj over at the madbean forum (thanks bro!). His layout is verified and working great. I love the sound of this compressor (I've never had one before). Looking forward to plugging it into the rig tomorrow night and hearing those clean sounds sparkle!

Here she be:

or

jimmybjj

very nice build. I like how you stack the input and output jacks, very slick.

ugly_guitar_guy

Quote from: jimmybjj on January 10, 2012, 06:58:48 AM
very nice build. I like how you stack the input and output jacks, very slick.

Thanks, jimmbjj! You did some great work on this. Very much appreciated.

I saw the jacks in rocklander's builds on this page: http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=64752.900

... and it turned out that my local electronics store had some similar jacks in stock, so i snagged a few to experiment with. DEFINITELY going to be my go-to fro 1590A boxes from now on. There's SO MUCH ROOM IN THERE NOW!!  :icon_mrgreen:
or

Güero

Curing the infection one bullet at a time.

kukac97

Quote from: Güero on January 12, 2012, 10:23:49 AM
CAE Booster

Very nice, Congratulation.
Could you tell me the source of the red PCB? How can you prepare the PCB in red color? Whai is your way?