Show me your 1590A enclosures/pedals...

Started by andrew_k, January 29, 2008, 09:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

noobamp

one possible thing that may work is temporarily clipping it to the output right before the vol pot.  in theory that may work if its a treble cut. I am sure people in the thread will cringe at the thought, but it just may do the job. give it a shot, and if it doesn't work you're not any worse off than when you started....
nothing like the smell of hot Bovie in the morning....

Caboverde

Thank Noobamp! ;) I really ppreciate the help, luckily I was able to get ahold of the guy who originally made the vero I'm working off of and he was able to help me out with the switch  8) So this project is back up and running full steam ahead....I hope to have it boxed up tonight!

noobamp

let us know where that pesky lead went to! ???

Caboverde

dun dun DUUUN! It goes to post 2 on volume 8)

I didn't get to finish it last night, but I'm close. Still have to connect the wires to the main board now...

noobamp

ha! i wasn't far off at all!  good stuff man. Im glad it worked out. the guts look good and snug so far!

Caboverde

He's aliiiive!   :icon_twisted:

The ONLY issue I encountered after testing it was that the "more" and "less" switch settings are reversed; but that's an easy fix, especially considering that I honestly did NOT expect the pedal to work (!) :D

...at least not without a bit of trouble shooting. 

ON TO THE PICS!

...and a look at all the spaghetti inside

amptramp

Caboverde

Groovenut

Wow Ricky! That's a whole lotta stuff in there!

Here's my latest

It's largely the application circuit with tonal tweaks in the driver and recovery stages plus tails switching/buffered bypass.

I'll try to get a video demo up soon too.
You've got to love obsolete technology.....

bluebunny

• SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

deadastronaut

https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

duck_arse

extra points for the square dc socket. vrr nice.
You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.

Groovenut

Thank you for the kind words gentlemen! I added an under board gut shot for the curious  ;D

Caboverde

Awesome! Your pedals all look soooo clean and well thought out  8)  
Is the reverb going to be part of your product lineup?

Groovenut

Quote from: Caboverde on March 25, 2015, 10:09:46 AM
Awesome! Your pedals all look soooo clean and well thought out  8)  
Is the reverb going to be part of your product lineup?
Thanks Ricky! I think it will. I had another reverb pedal based on the original brick, but that didn't fit the 1590A theme. I like the way this one sounds a little better and it's much more versatile, so I think I'll put it in the product line. The bigger question is if I can build them affordably. The jury's still out... more numbers to run first....

Groovenut

This one was a little easier to get in the box  ;) One chip fuzz. Unlike most of my other circuits, this is a one trick pony. Over the top fuzz and sustain. Great for lead lines :)

more pics here

Groovenut

At the risk of overloading everyone on LPD pedals, here's another build I just finished. It's a combination of all the things I like from the various PT2399 delay circuits out there.

BTW, where is the best source for the quietest PT2399s? I've run through my old ones and need to reorder but some of the new Tayda chips are pretty noisey ie current swirl/motorboat on the output even with no input. Usually I put the pedal, grounded input, in front of this little Crate amp I have with the gain at 5 and keep trying ships until I find a "quiet" one.

Thanks all!!!

Law

Cozybuilder

Groovenut- Keep 'em coming- Your pedals look great!
Some people drink from the fountain of knowledge, others just gargle.

Groovenut

Quote from: Cozybuilder on March 26, 2015, 12:37:21 PM
Groovenut- Keep 'em coming- Your pedals look great!
Thanks Russ! I'll have one to put up in the "man sized" category in a bit ;)