Show me your 1590A enclosures/pedals...

Started by andrew_k, January 29, 2008, 09:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

midwayfair

My band, Midway Fair: www.midwayfair.org. Myself's music and things I make: www.jonpattonmusic.com. DIY pedal demos: www.youtube.com/jonspatton. PCBs of my Bearhug Compressor and Cardinal Harmonic Tremolo are available from http://www.1776effects.com!

Cozybuilder

TSBM (the small box master) does it again.

Just curious Law, what is the circuit? [OS for Orange Squeezer? but the u- is it for unique? unbelievable? unworldly?]
Some people drink from the fountain of knowledge, others just gargle.

Groovenut

Quote from: Cozybuilder on August 11, 2015, 10:56:38 AM

Just curious Law, what is the circuit? [OS for Orange Squeezer? but the u- is it for unique? unbelievable? unworldly?]
Thanks Russ! The circuit's a modified version of the Bearhug by Jon Patton. The name Osu is the Japanese word for press (following my Japanese named pedal theme). I had already used Shiboru (squeeze) for my variation on the Engineers Thumb and Tamochi (sustain) for my optical compressor design, so I had to be creative  ;)
You've got to love obsolete technology.....

davent

Quote from: Groovenut on August 11, 2015, 11:08:30 AM
Quote from: Cozybuilder on August 11, 2015, 10:56:38 AM

Thanks Russ! The circuit a modified version of the Bearhug by Jon Patton. The name Osu is the Japanese word for press (following my Japanese named pedal theme). I had already used Shiboru (squeeze) for my variation on the Engineers Thumb and Tamochi (sustain) for my optical compressor design, so I had to be creative  ;)

Just for further clarification, Jon Patton goes by midwayfair on the forums. He's designed other circuits a well, info here.
http://jonpattonmusic.com/things-i-make/
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

Luke51411

Someone on madbean posted a link to some steel enclosures that look very useable for stompboxes. One of them is pretty similar to the RAT enclosure, well, browsing their stock I found this http://www.ebay.com/itm/Procraft-Steel-Project-Box-4-1-2-x-1-7-8-x-1-5-8-PB1-XX-BK-/261178632815?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3ccf75aa6f
Looks to be about right for a 1590a build, just thought someone might be interested here or take it as a challenge to build in a 2 piece 1590a size enclosure.

Metaldestroyer

Quote from: Luke51411 on August 11, 2015, 01:37:21 PM
Someone on madbean posted a link to some steel enclosures that look very useable for stompboxes. One of them is pretty similar to the RAT enclosure, well, browsing their stock I found this http://www.ebay.com/itm/Procraft-Steel-Project-Box-4-1-2-x-1-7-8-x-1-5-8-PB1-XX-BK-/261178632815?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3ccf75aa6f
Looks to be about right for a 1590a build, just thought someone might be interested here or take it as a challenge to build in a 2 piece 1590a size enclosure.

I could use half of it as a little chassis to build one of those submini amps Thomasha is always making. Cool link.

duck_arse

ten bucks? make em yershelf for nowt! (I'll post a pic of my latest two tomorrow.)
You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.

duck_arse

they cost nothing, and have plenty of character, which you can mostly cover with paint and wood.
You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.

Luke51411

Quote from: duck_arse on August 13, 2015, 11:03:18 AM

they cost nothing, and have plenty of character, which you can mostly cover with paint and wood.
Nice. I like the way you make the screw tabs. I hadn't thought of making another piece attached with a pop rivet. I'm going to have to try my hand at making one.

pickdropper

Mini CE-2

The etch is slightly misaligned, so I'll have to fix that on the next go.  The "Level" control will also be changed to "Depth."  Not sure what I was thinking on that one. 

bloxstompboxes

Very nicely done Pick! Reminds me of work with all that SMT. Wait, I am at work. :( I take it you baked it rather than soldered by hand?

Floor-mat at the front entrance to my former place of employment. Oh... the irony.

pickdropper

Thanks Blox.

Nope, all hand soldered SMT.

Luke51411

Madbean Egghead, first try with alcohol ink.

peterg

Wow is right! 4 ICs in a 1590a box is the bench mark for crazy.

Luke. Nicely done! What jacks are you using?

FuzzFanatic71

Quote from: pickdropper on August 29, 2015, 04:18:04 PM
Thanks Blox.

Nope, all hand soldered SMT.

Just saw this in ILF. You must have so much patience and the steady hand of a brain surgeon to be able to pull that off. Awesome stuff pickdropper, my hat goes off to you.
Why won't this @$&$ing thing work?

rumbletone

Here's a 'no knob fuzz' - switches for feedback loop and for clipping LED:

Cozybuilder

Rumbletone-
Nice clean box in & out. This looks like an ideal candidate for someone to stuff in a 1590LB for their first time with that enclosure.

Cozybuilder

Quote from: peterg on August 30, 2015, 08:16:00 AM
4 ICs in a 1590a box is the bench mark for crazy.

Oh?

Pickdropper-
That is one of the slickest builds I've seen- and hand soldering the SMCs is a true art. I'm impressed! You've really upped the ante, especially for us stuck in the through-hole world.