Show me your 1590A enclosures/pedals...

Started by andrew_k, January 29, 2008, 09:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocker83

Cozybuilder, did you make this? the Zombie Chorus?

mfunky

The zombie chorus is nice. I see a punk attitude in that build, for sure! Any chance to add a 9V battery (you know, that I am obsessed with the idea....)?

Cinder

Is there a good Zombie Chorus PCB to buy somewhere, which also has remedied the ticking issue?

Cozybuilder

Rocker83- Yes, I built this
Mfunky- Thank you
Cinder- I had to modify the schemo to get rid of the ticking, mainly messing with the Millennium Bypass for the blinking LED- this is what I wound up with, and the wiring diagram (this build does not tick):
(I don't know if anyone sells a PCB for this circuit, but if so it should be easy to modify)

Some people drink from the fountain of knowledge, others just gargle.

rumbletone

Quote from: Cozybuilder on August 31, 2015, 08:37:13 AM
Rumbletone-
Nice clean box in & out. This looks like an ideal candidate for someone to stuff in a 1590LB for their first time with that enclosure.
That's what I want to try next!

Marcos - Munky

Here are my first 1590As, by building order. These are my first builds after a long time.

The first one Is a Magnavibe, and it was my first etched enclosure too. Got this result at the 3rd attempt. I've misplaced the pot names, so the knobs covered them :icon_redface:. I decided to not paint the enclosure, and the purple LED don't pulse with the LFO :icon_cry:.

The second one is a Sweet Honey OD. It was hand-painted by my brother.

The third one is something called Hunny Bunny from Soulsonic. It was my second etched enclosure. When I was removing the black toner after the etch, I though it looks cool this way, so I keeped it.

bluebunny

Quote from: Marcos - Munky on September 03, 2015, 12:17:03 AM
The third one is something called Hunny Bunny from Soulsonic.

Good name.  I approve.  ;)
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

Cozybuilder

Here are my first 1590As, by building order. These are my first builds after a long time.

The first one Is a Magnavibe, and it was my first etched enclosure too. Got this result at the 3rd attempt. I've misplaced the pot names, so the knobs covered them :icon_redface:. I decided to not paint the enclosure, and the purple LED don't pulse with the LFO :icon_cry:.

I love the schematic theme etched onto your Magnavibe- well done!
Some people drink from the fountain of knowledge, others just gargle.

duck_arse

.... bluebunny does shakespeare .....

Quote from: bluebunny on September 03, 2015, 03:12:50 AM
"Alas, poor Yorrick; I knew him, Horatio."
You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.

bluebunny

Quote from: duck_arse on September 03, 2015, 10:35:20 AM

Hmmm...    :icon_neutral:   Full of vexation come I, with complaint!
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

Marcos - Munky

Quote from: bluebunny on September 03, 2015, 03:12:50 AM
Good name.  I approve.  ;)

:icon_lol:

Quote from: Cozybuilder on September 03, 2015, 08:52:26 AM
I love the schematic theme etched onto your Magnavibe- well done!

Thanks a lot! I'm thinking about to do at least another one with the schematic etched on the enclosure.

Quote from: duck_arse on September 03, 2015, 10:35:20 AM

Actually I was thinking about to paint the bunny blue, and the skull red :icon_lol:. But I remembered about this after I did the clear coat layer :icon_redface:.

tasos

The second one is a Sweet Honey OD. It was hand-painted by my brother.

That is some great work!What markers does he use?I like hand drawn enclosures however i am afraid that the color won't stick to the paint  :-\

Marcos - Munky

Quote from: tasos on September 05, 2015, 07:06:12 PM
That is some great work!What markers does he use?I like hand drawn enclosures however i am afraid that the color won't stick to the paint  :-\

He used those posca markers. A friend painted it white, then my brother hand-drew it.

Marcos - Munky

Here's another one. I was surprised I didn't saw any 1590A Valvecasters (at least, I don't remember seeing one), so I built one! The toggle switches a 1N4148 clipping pair. It was a hard to build box, because I tried a double layer layout (never did double layers before, so it took a lot of attempts to align the layers correctly), had to remove part of the output jack to make it fit, and didn't had the correct tools do do the tube drilling. Also, the blue LED didn't glow as much I was expecting, so I need to change the limiting resistor.

ketterman

I decided to do an FV-1/1590a project. I am still working on the graphics, but here it is so far.

Here is what's inside... for the most part:

So far the effects are the standard FV-1 demos - Reverb, Chorus, Tremolo, etc.

I am working on a design for a 'wireless' version. The three boards are currently connected with a spaghetti-like menagerie of wires. It would be nice to just plug the boards into one another.

pickdropper

ketterman

Thank you, Pickdropper. Your work is inspiring and sometimes downright humbling. Your praise has a lot of gravitas because of it.

Here is another view of the innards before the wires take over:

Time to make another go at cleaning the boards, and boost the lighting. In that order.

stallik

Stunning work Ketterman.
I clearly am, and will always remain, a rank amateur.

Unless....
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein

pickdropper

You know, the wires may be a mess, but I think you could have reliability issues if you hard mount the boards.  If so, you'd be coupling the assembly to the enclosure in multiple planes, which could result in some stress on the connecting joints.  If you can do pin headers, that might be a reasonable compromise.

So, to me, it looks wonderfully solid as it is currently configured.  Just fantastic.

I've got a couple of FV-1 boards around here already.  Maybe this will inspire me to miniaturize.

And thanks for the compliments; it's mutual.

ketterman

Thank you, Stallik. We've all seen that your work is far from amateur! 

I was thinking that headers would be the answer as well. If another project doesn't take over completely, that will likely be next.