Show me your 1590A enclosures/pedals...

Started by andrew_k, January 29, 2008, 09:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marcos - Munky

thermionix

If you have extra mesh, you can use it as a paint mask for a snakeskin look.

Marcos - Munky

21th build of 2018. It's an EP Booster with internal charge pump.

rankot

I promised I wouldn't build 1590A anymore, but this was stronger than me - Quackmire evelope filter:

• SUPPORTER
60 pedals and counting!

bluebunny

Very neat, Ranko.  I had just put this on my "to do" list.  I think I may have to steal your layout.  :)
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

rankot

• SUPPORTER
60 pedals and counting!

EBK

Work in progress:

I'd like to think that the main reason no one else has attempted to make a Chia Pe[d]-al™ before is because it is hard to get the seeds to stick (and hard to keep them moist), not because doing such a thing is a sign of a diseased brain.   :icon_razz:
  • SUPPORTER
Technical difficulties.  Please stand by.

rankot

What would you do when they start to germinate?

8)
  • SUPPORTER
60 pedals and counting!

EBK

Quote from: rankot on January 14, 2019, 09:58:23 AM
What would you do when they start to germinate?

8)
Once the seeds start to germinate, I plan to quickly assemble the pedal, carefully misting it with water each day.  If I can have a fully functional, living pedal long enough to record a video demo, I will call it a success.   :icon_wink:

I don't expect it to last forever.
  • SUPPORTER

duck_arse

Quote from: EBK on January 14, 2019, 09:46:44 AM
Work in progress:

I'd like to think that the main reason no one else has attempted to make a Chia Pe[d]-al™ before is because it is hard to get the seeds to stick (and hard to keep them moist), not because doing such a thing is a sign of a diseased brain.   :icon_razz:

remind me not to eat the cake when I next come to your house ....
You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.

ElectricDruid

Quote from: EBK on January 14, 2019, 09:46:44 AM
I'd like to think that...

If you'd like to think that, we're not going to stop you...;)

duck_arse

ohh bloody dear, some one stop me - where is the sproutput socket, Eric?

I don't know what chias are. is that like a specially optioned Ford? also, what substrate are you glueing them to, heavy card [matboard]? felt?
You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.

EBK

Quote from: duck_arse on January 15, 2019, 08:38:47 AM
also, what substrate are you glueing them to, heavy card [matboard]? felt?
Krylon.  Chia seeds make their own glue when soaked in water.  Mostly, the steps have been: spray enclosure with water, sprinkle on some seeds, wait a minute, and repeat.  Once the seeds have adhered to each other and to the enclosure, they are fairly secure.
Right now, I'm only 5% positive these seeds will actually grow, however.
  • SUPPORTER

bluebunny

Quote from: EBK on January 15, 2019, 09:57:02 AM
Right now, I'm only 5% positive these seeds will actually grow, however.

If the Chinese can grow cotton on the moon, then I think you stand a pretty good chance, Eric.   ;)
  • SUPPORTER

rankot

Finally managed to find a place for a rotary switch :)

• SUPPORTER
60 pedals and counting!

bluebunny

• SUPPORTER

vigilante397

Quote from: rankot on January 18, 2019, 04:33:02 AM
Finally managed to find a place for a rotary switch :)

You did indeed :icon_eek: Looks great! ;D
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

EBK

I am in the midst of my third 1590A build (will post pics soon, I am sure), and I am very much reminded of something I once saw in a documentary about submarines. 

The particular segment of the documentary contained a dubbed over translation from Russian to English of a submariner describing the difficulty of surfacing a sub under the polar ice cap in the Arctic Ocean. 

He said (I believe I remember the wording, which was surprisingly uncensored on US television), "It's very hard to do, like trying to take a shit on the ceiling."
  • SUPPORTER

thomasha

Hi, after my 1590LB adventure I returned to the old and good 1590a.
This time I tried the multiplex with the dual delay and the series/parallel switch. To make everything fit I squeezed most of the components on one board, using both sides. But it is a single sided etch, so, I had to use some jumpers and reuse some holes for more than one component.

The sound is really nice, I liked the parallel configuration particularly. The series configuration can sound weird with the different time settings.

too much film caps in this one! I could have used smaller ones.

patrick398