Show me your 1590A enclosures/pedals...

Started by andrew_k, January 29, 2008, 09:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ben N

Quote from: thomasha on August 14, 2020, 01:26:41 PM
Finally finished the astrosim+a clean preamp in a box.
This one only has a headphone output for late night playing or BBD debugging
( my wife hates the high pitched sound that leaks through the delay when I'm testing new filters)

O. M. F. G.
  • SUPPORTER

baklavametal

here's a shoot the moon tremolo
smd components
boards are different color, i wanted to try oshparks transparent to get that cool traces, but forgot i use ground fills xD
enclosure is spray painted with black hammerite paint
laser etched using Neje Master 2 7W (actually something like 3W)
lines are a bit thicker than they should be but i'm not sure is it due to not setting laser focus properly, or having to do 4 passes

vigilante397

Quote from: baklavametal on September 20, 2020, 05:12:26 PM

Great looking build 8) Laser being out of focus would definitely make thicker lines. Also if adjustment is a little off on the axes (like mine always is ::)) and you run multiple passes without homing in between it will definitely look like that because it's shooting next to the previous pass instead of on top.
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

Buran1997

I built an Electra Distortion with a clipping selector a little while ago. The etching on the enclosure didn't come out very well, but oh well. It took me a while to choose the artwork but ultimately I settled on the bug in amber as a sort of indirect reference to the pedal's original name.

Marcos - Munky

I liked the result. Sometimes, the etches that doesn't come out "very well" gives the box a cool worn look.

kraal

Hi,

It's not a pedal per se but an amplified audio probe to be used to debug other pedals that has been put in a 1590A enclosure.  ;)
The device is using a LM386 chip and a full-range 3.2cm speaker.
With a 1/4 TS jack to dual banana cable it can be used as a mini amplifier as well.

Edit: you can find the project's KiCad as well as Gerber and drill files on GitLab: https://gitlab.com/pawlakm/mp-aa01

vigilante397

• SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

kraal

kraal

As there is not thread for enclosures smaller than 1590A, I post this one here.

Edit: ty EBK, moved post  :icon_redface:

EBK

Quote from: kraal on October 07, 2020, 08:26:01 AM
As there is not thread for enclosures smaller than 1590A, I post this one here.
Maybe this?
https://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=116919.0

Cool looking enclosure and build though.   :icon_smile:
  • SUPPORTER
Technical difficulties.  Please stand by.

lars-musik

For this one, I had to go all SMD.... Gutshots later.
A Decimator/GString.

davent

Such a clean, clear etch, about perfect!
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

lars-musik

Me again..... I am on a miniature trip.
EQD The Depth and Clari(not).

Marcos - Munky

After a long time, I finally built another pedal. This is Jonny Reckless' Little Jim. The etching didn't came out too good because I tried a different paper for the tone transfer. But I liked the result anyway.

mtk

I haven't been doing much complete pedal building lately, mostly just working on some circuits. However, I did knock out a wooden 1590A-ish enclosure the other day. First time doing this and I'm definitely making more, so many options going this route. This one is Tornillo with an Ash knob.

Build Folder - https://imgur.com/a/xIbKW67

Radical CJ

Quote from: mtk on October 24, 2020, 04:49:59 AM

That looks fantastic.

Edit: Just realised why I like it so much, and had such a strong reaction to it. Looks very similar to a wooden toy car my dad made for me when I was 3 ! Haha

ElectricDruid

While that does look fantastic, the two different woods sets my OCD off. And if they were the same, I'd feel like I needed to line the grains up, so I'd only have one setting!

I'd better stick to paint and plastic knobs, right?!?

vigilante397

I have a CNC machine and I don't do anything near this cool with it, I need to change my ways :P Really excellent build, very nicely done.
  • SUPPORTER

www.sushiboxfx.com

Radical CJ

Quote from: ElectricDruid on October 24, 2020, 07:27:00 PM

While that does look fantastic, the two different woods sets my OCD off. And if they were the same, I'd feel like I needed to line the grains up, so I'd only have one setting!

If that sort of thing stresses you, you'd better not take a look at the wiring inside of my 1590A enclosures.

I only took up electronics and stompboxes as a hobby early this year to fill in the time I'd normally spend going to see live music, which we haven't had any of since March here. And let's just say my soldering, layouts and enclosures are not yet up to the standard of the beautiful work seen here. I'm still doing everything on stripboard and as offboard components rather than making up pcbs.

However, I am reassured to see that I'm not the only person obsessed with fitting things into the smallest enclosure possible.

From left to right: Cmos overdrive, Cmos octave/fuzz (based on Parasit studio Eagleclaw), Rangemaster, and a Buffer with switchable treble boost.

mtk

Quote from: Radical CJ on October 24, 2020, 09:50:18 AM
That looks fantastic.

Edit: Just realised why I like it so much, and had such a strong reaction to it. Looks very similar to a wooden toy car my dad made for me when I was 3 ! Haha

That's funny. Thanks.

Quote from: ElectricDruid on October 24, 2020, 07:27:00 PM

lol Damn, that's some sensitive OCD level. Are all your pedals symmetrical?

Quote from: vigilante397 on October 24, 2020, 09:26:38 PM
I have a CNC machine and I don't do anything near this cool with it, I need to change my ways :P Really excellent build, very nicely done.

Thanks. Woodworking is my first hobby, I've only recently(2 years) gotten into building pedals. It was past time both hobbies merged.