Show me your 1590A enclosures/pedals...

Started by andrew_k, January 29, 2008, 09:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pushtone

Quote from: 12milluz on January 30, 2008, 02:49:03 PM

What program did you use to get that drawing in the last picture? I've been looking for something to use. '

Adobe Illustrator. Not a CAD program but I can get 1/16th tolerance using the grid, rulers and guide lines.

Here's how I made it...
http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=64636.msg510928#msg510928

Dave
It's time to buy a gun. That's what I've been thinking.
Maybe I can afford one, if I do a little less drinking. - Fred Eaglesmith

Mark Hammer

I draw onlookers' attention to the absence of surface-mount components anywhere.

Zach...eat your heart out! :icon_lol:  Although, here we "crouch on the shoulders of midgets", since you showed us it could be done!

QSQCaito

D.A.C

andrew_k

Bwaaahahahaa!

That's truly absurd Dano. You managed to squeeze a battery in one, but that's probably because everything else is on the outside.  :icon_eek:

This thread has provided everything I hoped for; thanks guys. Tiny enclosures FTW  :icon_mrgreen:

ADR

A modified fat boostered.

I perf'd it. (The trim pot is for the low end roll off.)

DougH

I love the "off-axis" jacks too.

Man, you guys have really got me inspired. I'm going to have to give this a try. :icon_wink:
"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you."

beatstrat

I've got more 1590A enclosures, but haven't put the time into building anything into them.  I love the crazy looks I get at gigs when cats see mine on my pedalboard. 

I've been trying to squeeze a TS-type (without the buffers) into one and haven't been able to do it yet.  Totally pissed me off when I saw Dano stuffed a 9V Battery AND the circuit into one... ugh.  Must try harder and be more creative with my layout(s).

Good work by all and some really neat builds.

DougH

The thing I just noticed, though, is that those 1590A's are expensive. Well, that is compared to a Taiwanese 1590B, 1590BB. or 125A clone. I guess it's been a while since I bought one, but Hammond enclosures have gotten ridiculously expensive- $18 for a 1590BB at Mouser (!). Huh?!? The 1590A's are $8 or so in qty of 1. Compare that to $5-$8 for the Taiwanese stuff.

So I guess my point is there is no economic reason to use a 1590A. It will save pedalboard space, is novel, and the challenge may be worth it. But I was surprised at Hammond prices... :icon_eek:

beatstrat

I hear ya ($$) - definitely only a novelty for me.

ADR

I buy the hammonds because they are manufactured in my area (southern ontario) and are plentiful everywhere.

I like the A's because they take up little real estate... especially for two stomper amp switches. I replaced the vox ac30 reverb/tremolo switch with a 1590A at the top of my pedalboard.

For pedals sitting side by side, there is a practical limitation in to how close one can pack these thing side by side.

The way I space them, they tend to take up around 2/3rds the space of a boss pedal, because my feet are big and I don't want to accidentally hit the wrong stomper.

But they do have that 'cool' factor when you see how small they are. That's primarily why I built a couple of them... to be different.

juse

Quote from: dano12 on January 30, 2008, 04:09:11 PM

:)

Nice Dano! What is that? Is it a smaller nano (Dano's Nano), or is it a boost or preamp or od? Whatever it is, I love it!

ambulancevoice

Quote from: juse on January 31, 2008, 05:46:57 PM
Quote from: dano12 on January 30, 2008, 04:09:11 PM

:)

Nice Dano! What is that? Is it a smaller nano (Dano's Nano), or is it a boost or preamp or od? Whatever it is, I love it!

its actually an amp!!!
http://www.beavisaudio.com/Projects/HalfWattClassA
Open Your Mouth, Heres Your Money

any

Not to brag, but a bit proud none the less... 2 pots, 2 switches, and an external LDR in addition to the usuals.
My Mayhem Fuzz/trem/ringmod

More recent, my NightFlyer Practice/headphone amp

It's supposed to sound that way.

DougH

Quote from: any on August 12, 2008, 08:31:29 PM
More recent, my NightFlyer Practice/headphone amp

Your artwork is beautiful!!  :icon_cool:

any

Quote from: DougH on August 13, 2008, 07:13:09 AM

Thanks Doug, I'm a Graphic Designer / Illustrator by trade btw...
It's supposed to sound that way.

andrew_k

Quote from: any on August 12, 2008, 08:31:29 PM
Not to brag, but a bit proud none the less... 2 pots, 2 switches, and an external LDR in addition to the usuals.
My Mayhem Fuzz/trem/ringmod

And so you should be proud! That's a heck of a lot of hardware to squeeze in there. How's it sound?

ayayay!

Hey any, what kind of perfboard is that in your headphone amp?  I'm looking for that kind of board. 
The people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

davent

Quote from: ayayay! on August 14, 2008, 09:32:36 AM
Hey any, what kind of perfboard is that in your headphone amp?  I'm looking for that kind of board. 

Not 'any' but it looks like the stuff Small Bear sells.

http://www.smallbearelec.com/Detail.bok?no=71

or

http://www.smallbearelec.com/Detail.bok?no=72

"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

DougH

Quote from: any on August 13, 2008, 06:00:53 PM
Quote from: DougH on August 13, 2008, 07:13:09 AM

Thanks Doug, I'm a Graphic Designer / Illustrator by trade btw...

My wife does that too, which is why she does my artwork, most of the time. :icon_wink: