Show me your 1590A enclosures/pedals...

Started by andrew_k, January 29, 2008, 09:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

danielzink

Magnavibe in a 1590a

Re-worked Dimebugg's (from FSB) layout a little in DIYLC.

Used one of the 99 cent optocouplers from Electronic Goldmine...spec'd out around 2meg so I tossed it in there. Works great.

jmwreck

pickdropper

deadastronaut

https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

bluebunny

Yeah, cool *and* five knobs!  I'm gonna take up knitting instead...   :icon_cry:
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

pickdropper

Thanks guys.

BlueBunny, 5 pots in a 1590a isn't as bad as you'd think as long as you plan the layout and wiring ahead of time.  I still have to leave a bit of length on the ribbon wires for the pots so I can load them in the box in the right order.

Now, the 2-in-1 Moon Angel build from earlier in the thread is a different story.  That took six pots and a 3PDT switch for the second effect bypass.  That was a bloody pain.  I doubt I'll do another one of those.

bluebunny

Quote from: pickdropper on May 02, 2013, 10:18:24 PM
BlueBunny, 5 pots in a 1590a isn't as bad as you'd think as long as you plan the layout and wiring ahead of time.  I still have to leave a bit of length on the ribbon wires for the pots so I can load them in the box in the right order.

I did briggs' Marshall E11even with four knobs.  I'm still on medication for that...   :icon_twisted:
  • SUPPORTER

trixdropd

Quote from: stahoo8 on April 16, 2013, 02:38:14 AM
My suhr riot (clone), isp decimator (clone) and reverb in action:

Nice!

Focalized

First one in a box this small. Won't make a habit of it. Maybe a couple more. It's a Tonebender with too high gain AC125 transistors. For now. I didn't want to clip some of my better ones that short to fit. Might try some low gain silicon once I find some. Thought I had some and tried them in it but for some reason they didn't work despite what my transistor tester told me.

And a decent swirl I think.

Scruffie

Quote from: Focalized on May 12, 2013, 11:54:17 PM
First one in a box this small. Won't make a habit of it. Maybe a couple more. It's a Tonebender with too high gain AC125 transistors. For now. I didn't want to clip some of my better ones that short to fit. Might try some low gain silicon once I find some. Thought I had some and tried them in it but for some reason they didn't work despite what my transistor tester told me.

And a decent swirl I think.

Can't just stick silicons in a Tone Bender, it needs leakage to function, need a few mods to get it to work with them.

So actually slightly worse germaniums are better in this, well at least in Q1 & 2.

Focalized

Good to know about the leaky transistors. Something I forgot after hearing before. I think I do have a layout for a silicon bender.

azrael

Several schematic on here for a silicon MKII.

Uoki-Toki

Bazz Fuss
Control: Volume, Tone, Dist, Blend

bluebunny

Nice little build.  Looks cool.   :icon_cool:
  • SUPPORTER

endorphin

Here's a simple little Colorsound Fuzz Box build.  ;D

60% of the time it works everytime...

bluebunny

Forgot to put my Hog's Foot in this thread (it's been in the Pictures thread - twice, thanks to the crash).

• SUPPORTER

rousejeremy

Consistency is a worthy adversary

www.jeremyrouse.weebly.com

mistahead

Well that is impressive... is it intended to be a clone or a look-alike? I only ask it is looks like anti-parallel diodes in there and I didn't think... Oh never mind, I'm not meant to know about that...

These are looking increasingly more "pro" than most consumer orientated audio gear for to the average joe does.

pickdropper

It's a true bypass version of the Klon circuit.

The layout is by Jim at Beejive Pedals.

http://www.beejivepedals.com/home/projects/apis

Jim's a really good dude.  I highly recommend the board.