Questions about Flipster PCB diagram

Started by deschete, February 05, 2008, 09:35:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deschete

Hi everyone,

I'm still pretty new to this pedal building thing, and I've got a few questions about the Flipster that I'm attempting to build right now with a PC boad from Radio Shack.

At the top of the PCB diagram on Runoffgroove, I see four squares for the trimmers.  However, it doesn't say which lug is which in the diagram! 

I'm also not exactly sure how to tell this by looking at the trimpot either.  I know where lug #2 is located (it's the one alone on its side of the trimmer) but I don't know how to tell which one is 1 and which one is 3.

Help!

Thanks,

Danny

B Tremblay

With a trimmer wired as a variable resistor, the lug numbering really doesn't matter.  Lug numbering is more important when dealing with panel pots.  For example, if you ignore the lug numbering and wire a volume control backwards, the counter-intuitive operation may be an issue.

The four pads in the PCB layout allow for different types of trimmers to be used.
B Tremblay
runoffgroove.com

deschete

Thanks.  After reading your reply and studying the picture a bit more, I see that the center pin and one of the lugs are shorted and the 3rd lug goes to +.  It made a lot more sense after your explanation and a diagram that I found which described using a trimmer as a variable resistor.